Title: Lawmakers in Japan outline denuclearization bill
Source: NHK World
Date: July 22, 2012
Former Japanese prime minister Naoto Kan and other governing party lawmakers have announced an outline of a bill that would end Japan’s reliance on nuclear energy by 2025.
The draft outline says nuclear power generation could lead to infinite damages in the event of an accident. It adds that lack of final disposal measures will end up leaving future generations piles of radioactive waste.
The secretary general of the governing Democratic Party, Azuma Koshiishi, has been asking Kan to compile a plan on future energy sources.
More on the Draft
- Reducing the number of operating nuclear power plants to zero
- Promotion of solar, wind, and other sources of renewable energy to cut carbon dioxide emissions
- Mandates the central government to create jobs in communities that host nuclear plants
Watch the video here
Published: July 22nd, 2012 at 11:47 pm ET
- Top Nuclear Official: Japan in “desperate, seemingly endless battle with radiation” — “Seemingly infinite damage to the daily life of residents” November 12, 2012
- Top Japan Nuclear Officials: Fukushima is an unprecedented disaster — “It’s probably the worst nuclear accident to ever happen in the world” (VIDEO) October 12, 2013
- Bill Maher: Nuclear power has problems… see Japan (VIDEO) November 4, 2012
- Fox News: ‘Video points to serious damage’ to Fukushima Reactor No. 1 — Nuclear Expert: Size of leak indicates ‘large damage’ — Caused by explosion? (VIDEO) November 14, 2013
- Nuclear Expert: The truth is the damage caused by Fukushima is “too great for the government of Japan” June 5, 2012