Japan: Nuclear plant clean up to take decades, Al Jazeera English, Dec. 21, 2011:
[...] Doubts also linger about whether the cold shutdown announcement was too hasty, and whether the reactors and their contamination have really been contained.
“The Japanese government admits that they do not have enough technology for the plan,” said Kazuo Hizumi, a human rights lawyer and an editor at News for the People in Japan, a news site advocating for transparency from the government and from TEPCO.
He told Al Jazeera that people are bewildered at the 40-year forecast and have repeatedly called for the arrest of TEPCO executives.
“I am worried we cannot get enough information from the government and TEPCO, because they stopped the regular press conference held when the government declared cold shutdown … was achieved.” [...]
Published: December 21st, 2011 at 7:12 pm ET
- Japan Representative: Tepco and the gov’t have been telling lies to the people — Officials have hidden the real numbers or given wrong ones (VIDEO) June 3, 2012
- Strange Japanese press conference calls for jailing of Tepco officials, guilty of criminal error — Says international media damaged ‘Japan Brand’ (1hr VIDEO) March 11, 2012
- Plutonium detected underground near Fukushima reactor — Test results not revealed publicly for almost a year after sampling date — Officials plan to pump up groundwater from same well it was found in and dump it into Pacific Ocean (PHOTO) August 13, 2014
- Gov’t experts warn about mass of corium melting deeper than Japan, Tepco claim — Fukushima cores “could be eroded more extensively than announced” February 10, 2014
- Yomiuri: Unknown how much nuclear fuel has melted through Fukushima reactors and ‘dispersed’ — Questionable to assess that as nearly a ‘cold shutdown’ November 19, 2011