Published: October 19th, 2014 at 5:15 pm ET

PRI’s ‘The World’, Oct 17, 2014: Japan’s timid coverage of Fukushima led this news anchor to revolt — and he’s not alone — No one is telling [evacuee] Shiga Kamematsu the truth

• Complaints about censorship… continue to this day… Evacuees don’t trust the gov’t or Tepco… they’re blaming the media for not holding them both accountable… Criticism goes beyond a lack of investigation. Journalist Jun Hori says his news agency prevented him from accurately reporting what happenedIt restricted what he and other journalists could say about Fukushima [like] how much radiation was spreading.
  • Jun Hori. NHK news anchor: “I couldn’t tell the true story on my news program… It was very frustrating… A lot of people kept asking me, ‘Why didn’t you tell us earlier about what is happening?’… My superiors said NHK was getting complaints from politicians… They told me I had to stop… The Japanese thought someone was [giving them accurate information] — companies, the government, someone. But once you peeled back the cover, you saw that nobody was doing it.”

Jun Hori at TEDx Kyoto: ‘Do not create panic, do not fuel public anxiety, do not impair national interests, do not compromise the interests of our sponsors’… There is a plethora of information available on the web, one cannot learn the truth from watching TV or reading newspapers… Drastic changes need to be made… A man [wanted] to see what is really going on in the nuclear plants… The recordings he sent us a few months later were shocking and overwhelming.

Asahi Reporter: “Tepco declined…  access of the complete recordings… Footage has not yet been released… There are much more shocking parts… Workers have been told… they’d receive 100 millisieverts [a day] of radiation exposure.

Dr. Uzi Even, nuclear scientist: “I do not trust the reporting system… In fact from the beginning of this crisis… Japanese authorities were trying to play down the danger… The worst scenario that I predicted happened… I claimed from the beginning that the information given to the public is either erroneous or misleading… The first few days they said, ‘Everything is under control, nothing will happen, you don’t have to be worried.’ I doubted it from the moment of the earthquake.”

Watch the interview here

Published: October 19th, 2014 at 5:15 pm ET

1. ‘Worst Case Scenario’ has happened at US nuclear site — Robert Redford film predicted 2014 WIPP disaster: Plutonium release due to chemical reaction in burst nuclear drum is ultimate catastrophe… Most significant issue is combustible waste exposed to high heat, everyone understands that (VIDEO) December 1, 2014
  2. TV: “It appears the worst case scenario has happened” at U.S. nuclear site — Most dangerous material on earth “out of control”? — A whopping 800,000 dpm measured outside tank (VIDEO) #Hanford June 22, 2013
  3. Engineer: Outright failures continue to plague Fukushima plant — “Public may think worst is over… Nothing could be further from the truth” — Japan TV: New method failing to stop flow of highly contaminated water — Experts: ‘Diluting’ radiation in ocean adds to danger; Spreading it out only makes health damages worse (VIDEO) January 12, 2015
  4. Gundersen: All of Japan is contaminated, gov’t covering up enormous exposures to public; Epidemic is just beginning — Evacuee: We are in fact dying in Fukushima; What happened to us will soon affect all Japanese people (VIDEOS) December 16, 2013
  5. CBS: “The worst case scenario was happening” at Fukushima — Cores may have burned into earth, releasing untold amounts of radiation if not for sea water injection — You really won’t know what happened until you see inside, says NRC (VIDEO) March 17, 2012

266 comments to Japan TV Anchor: I couldn’t tell the truth about Fukushima — Shocking revelations kept secret from public — Nuclear Scientist: I have not trusted the information from beginning… “The worst scenario I predicted has happened” (VIDEO)

• Nick

If enenews fades, the taste of truth will linger.

THAT is something no shill can mask.

Each of us has to make decisions on our approach to reality from here forward.

FD-NPP or "The Fukushima Fiasco" is a story that will have no end, as the toxic legacy will last for eons.

None of us actually has even the tiniest clue as to what lies ahead, in say 2 years from now.

I do know that Fukushima Alarmists will continue to be vilified and ridiculed.

So be it. Truth will triumph.

• danger kitty danger kitty

Good work combo, thanks.

• Dick Shenary

SadieDog – How will it be possible to successfully conduct the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo? Only if the Japanese government keeps a lid on contamination and health issues and continues to pretend there are few problems. The likelihood of this happening is very low. Truth, just like radionuclides, seeks to escape containment. In another five years, general knowledge about radiation levels within Tokyo will be widespread. You cannot hide radiation (our senses may be useless, but our detectors are calibrated). What do you think this widespread knowledge is going to do for ticket sales? Answer – not good. And then athletic performance should be considered. Given the huge amount of cellular repair that require repair energy will be going on within the athletes , their performances may suffer. The thought of a sparsely attended Olympics in which no records are broken is not what they had in mind.

• 富岡_Blue_Heron 富岡_Blue_Heron

Thanks, Admin, for posting the link to Mr. Hori's presentation in Kyoto, which I found inspiring. Can't help, though, but see an analogy to the multi-lensed eye of some insect – the totality of individual "news bazaars" proliferating. An example of developing "extelligence."

• ISeePinkClouds

Yes. BH. I am sorry that I cannot understand a single word of Japanese. I did watch the presentation, all the same. When following admin's link Asahi Reporter I came across this video:

At about 32 minutes into it, the video is of the FDNPP grounds. I had not seen the plant up close on the ground before this. What struck me about the FDNPP as seen in this video is that it looks as if bombs hit the plant only yesterday. Also, there are no workman to be seen anywhere on site making repairs. I wonder if these reporters knew of the radiation danger, and if the Japanese people have seen this video. It is a telling story all the same. Peace

• ISeePinkClouds

Yes. BH. I am sorry that I cannot understand a single word of Japanese. I did watch the presentation, all the same. I understand emotion. When following admin's link Asahi Reporter I came across this video:

• FixItStupid FixItStupid

Thank You I'll let my family member know Thank You ALL very much

• navycorpsman

Good day folks – I know this is OT but have read discussions here about this and wanted to let you folks know that reporter Seth Borenstien (AP) just put out an article about global warming with NOAA as the mouth piece and mentions specifically that there are "non-scientist and some scientist" who claim there hasn't been globle warming in the past 18 years. The writer also stated, rather glibly IMO that must be nobody told the globe. More cover-up and agenda pushing? I'm sorry but I don't know how to put a link here, the article came up on my browsers home page news.

• Dick Shenary

The nuclear industry is driving me to bananas. Just thinking about all the potassium-40 contained in the bananas on my cereal this morning had me very concerned, and then I remembered cesium-137 is twelve million times as radioactive as potassium-40. Which element would you want in your bananas? All radionuclides are not equally radioactive, some are strong like cesium-137 and others are extremely weak like potassium-40. The nuclear industry takes advantage of this little known fact to make their bogus comparisons.

• Dick Shenary

WHO YOU GONNA CALL? – MYTH BUSTERS BY ENENEWS.COM

• razzz razzz

Unit 4 is down to 11 hot assemblies left to move out of the fuel pool per TEPCO.

Breakdown of transferred assemblies by kind:

Spent fuel, 1320 out of 1331 assemblies moved.

Unirradiated (New) fuel, 22 out of 202 assemblies moved

Number of times of cask transportation: 61 times

• POOR UNICORNS ON WALL STREET

Understanding the Empty Promises of Nuclear Energy: Nityanand Jayaraman

• ISeePinkClouds

Yes. PUOWS. Thank you. This is interesting: "By holding out the twin ideals of unlimited electricity and infallible security in the form of a credible nuclear deterrent, India’s nuclear establishment has carved for itself an enviable position. It is answerable to no one but the Prime Minister, and can spend billions over decades with nothing to show for the expense." "I look at you all, and I see that you're sleeping, while my guitar gently weeps." ~ George Harrison Peace

• bo bo

Reposting this from 10 days ago, as it seems related to the articles here:

More Tweets from Japan's Twilight Zone -

Names of the two main news reporters – 'Takeuchi' and 'Furudate' – from TV Asahi's 'Hodo Station' are seen on 2 GRAVESTONES in a scene in a major TV drama show. (Hodo Station is that news program that the 'suicided' Masaki Iwaji directed )

I know some of you will think that I am getting loopy again..
    But one of the reporters' name, 'Furudate' – is actually an uncommon name (like the name 'Obama' would be here) .. if the names on these gravestones were 'Yamada' or 'Tanaka'… I might not have given this coincidence any thought.

Also, seeing the 2 names 'Takeuchi & 'Furudate' side-to-side on 2 gravestones – just imagine seeing 'Sawyer & Jennings' there – that's the effect – really feels like a pointed, direct reference to the 'Hodo Station' news program which has been under attack from the government for being outspoken against the system. To me, the graves seem to warn: 'if you 2 reporters don't shut up – you're next.'

• stinkyperfume stinkyperfume

Japan wanted to tell the truth when they were hoping to be rescued and evacuate but they cannot evacuate 120,000,000 people. They cannot evacuate people in California or other states in the US that got well over evacuation levels of radiation every day for many times. The latest threat is Japanese volcano taking it all down and all the reactor's over the pollute the globe. The final coverup. It just looks like the end is here. But if ethereals can clean it up and it's been seen before then this is what they will do to save the earth or delay too much soul migration out of earth too soon. There's a lot more to radiation issues involving the ethereal, inter dimensional and space war worlds than meets the public awareness. People talk about it and seem to get nowhere understanding it, the psychics that are any good pull answers from some space called no time….they claim ethereals are working with the radiation in the Pacific but not Japan, it's probably a goner, and on another magic date, like 9/11 or 3/11 the dates are tracked to master numbers.