Press Conference on Fukushima Daiichi Disaster
May 4, 2012 10:00 am ET
Hiroaki Koide, Nuclear Reactor Specialist and Assistant Professor at Kyoto University Research Reactor Institute
At ~28:00 in
Wait awaits us is a very long battle to somehow find a way to encapsulate or enclose this large amount of radiation.
This is something which humanity as a whole has literally never experienced, we have no idea — I have no idea what will happen. But we will be fighting this radiation on the order of tens or hundreds of years.
Published: May 11th, 2012 at 9:25 am ET
- Nuclear Expert: Fukushima melted fuel is drifting in ocean and onto land, lacking any containment — It ends up on coastline and blows into communities — People get an exceptional dose — Health harm will go on for thousands, if not tens of thousands of years (AUDIO) August 23, 2013
- NHK: Tepco can’t find holes at Reactor No. 2 — Nuclear Expert: It’s leaking like a sieve — “No one knows how they’re ever going to remove fuel in my lifetime” — Likely 50, 60, 70 years — Radiation like outer space (VIDEO) April 18, 2012
- Expert: Disease outbreak on US West Coast is largest ever seen in any population of animals — Tens of millions dead — Official: Gov’t needs to declare emergency before extinction occurs — Many scientists believed radiation from Fukushima to blame (VIDEO) March 14, 2015
- TV: Most hazardous material on planet leaking at U.S. nuclear site — Would contaminate our food chain for hundreds of years to come if it reaches Columbia River (VIDEO) April 29, 2013
- Expert: ‘Cracked’ nuclear container “blew top off” at WIPP — Hundreds more drums at dump risk ‘energetic reaction’ and radiation release — Insider: Get forklift and remove them before another accident — Official: No ‘imminent’ public threat ‘at this time’ (VIDEO) May 19, 2014