Published: February 9th, 2014 at 5:45 am ET

NHK Documentary, ‘Radioactive Water: Fukushima Daiichi’s Hidden Crisis‘ — Feb. 1, 2014:

Zengo Aizawa, Tepco VP: “Even if we found out where the water is coming from the question is how to stop it. I think it will be difficult but we have no other choice and if we fail that would be miserable. We just have to succeed somehow.”

More from Aizawa: Tepco VP not optimistic: “I have concerns” for long-term plan — Location of melted fuel a mystery (VIDEO)

Watch the documentary here

Published: February 9th, 2014 at 5:45 am ET

1. TV: Fukushima underground dam not working, radiation levels now exceeding gov’t limit near shore — Tepco Official: “The flow of contaminated water into ocean is causing problems… It’s quite difficult to stop” (VIDEO) February 9, 2014
  2. ‘Pacific Wasteland’? Japan Gov’t Scientist: ‘Big problem’ for whole ocean if Fukushima’s water released with strontium-90 — TV: It may not get filtered out; “All bets are off” without way to plug plant leaks — NHK: All decontamination systems stop working, may not restart for “long time” (VIDEO) January 9, 2014
  3. Correspondent: “I couldn’t believe CNN was making me put what I knew to be gov’t lies into my reporting” (VIDEO) September 28, 2012
  4. Reports: ‘Deformed’ containment vessel cover at Fukushima Reactor 3 — Center panel of concrete cover ‘broken and sunken’ (PHOTOS & VIDEO) February 15, 2014
  5. Gov’t: ‘Very serious problem’ at Fukushima; Safety system ‘failed’ — Expert: 12 Trillion Bq of Strontium-90 leaked, could exceed 1/8 of total release since 3/11 — CNN: It’s absorbing into ground — Tepco: “You may feel we didn’t do enough” (VIDEO) February 24, 2014

72 comments to Japan Nuclear Experts: Footage shows ‘major problem’ at Fukushima Unit 1; Cesium release to continue for next 5 decades — Tepco: Even if we knew where it’s broken, how can we stop it? — “Still in the dark” about other 2 units (VIDEO)

• Flapdoodle Flapdoodle

"Still in the dark about other 2 units". Why is TEPCO still acting stupid? Oh, Wait…

• Project Paper Clip; USA Imported And Hired Hundreds Of Nazi War Criminals To Develop Nuclear Industry; via @AGreenRoad

Rachel Maddow – Hormesis Promoting Republican Art Robinson Wants To Sprinkle Radioactive Waste From Airplanes Over Cities? via @AGreenRoad

• StPaulScout StPaulScout

They are not acting 'dumb' when it comes to units 2 and 3. They have not yet been able to get close enough to 3 at least to check it out in any way. The reactor bldg. is way the hell too radioactive to get close to.

• utahruss utahruss

You Sir are one of the first I have come across who is even remotely connected to REALITY, "The reactor bldg. is way the hell too radioactive to get close to."

So is the entire site! What do people think was in that plume? None of the material from Spent Fuel Rods was deposited back down on the site????

There is nobody on that site! IMPOSSIBLE!

Please EneNews readers do just a little thinking and a little independent research of your own.

Oh I wish that my videos were back up. Google and Youtube banned me for DOCUMENTING with verifiable scientific information based on Chemistry, Physics, Math and supported by Published PEER REVIEWED PAPERS, establishing a solid argument for my premise stated here "THERE IS NO ONE ON THE FUKUSHIMA SITE AND HAS NOT BEEN FROM DAY "1".

Facts released in news articles and statements by TEPCO, IAEA and others, if truthful lead to one inescapable conclusion.

THERE IS NO ONE ON THE FUKUSHIMA SITE AND HAS NOT BEEN FROM DAY 1.

It is a scientific impossibility for any human to be walking around the Fukushima site, unless of course, the truth of what really happened is not what we are and have been told.

All kinds of verified information and sources to stuff you won't find anywhere else on the net at the link below.

• OldFool

Quotes from Will Rogers apply precisely to this mess and you will see where a certain power company on a power trip would fit.

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

"Last year we said, "Things can't go on like this'" and they didn't, they got worse."

"It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so."

• Johnny Blade

it's not an act-unfortunately for the rest of us who give a damn! :(

• We Not They Finally

Flapdoodle, it's an assumption that they are just "acting stupid." Yes, they are liars, murderers, thieves, etc. But they also ARE "in the dark." They can't get in — no one can — and they cannot prevent what is happening.

"Why can't someone else just get in there?" All that would bring by now is Fried Good Samaritan.

I know that people want to HOPE that they are just brain-dead liars, but they really cannot fix this. They mishandled everything from the start, they're guilty as sin, but it's done. Now, shy of a miracle, maybe no one will be able to fix THE WORLD.

• dosdos dosdos

M I C. See you real soon. K E Y. Because we like you, that's why. M O U…..

• TheBigPicture TheBigPicture

IT'S ALL NUCLEAR NATIONS RESPONSIBILITY . . .

Not just one electric utilities company.

• jec jec

Just leaking Tritium and Cesium??? What about all the other nuclear products, the couple hundred??

• eatliesndie eatliesndie

…it seems the road ahead will be tough…

• unincredulous unincredulous

God!

…Damned buffalo is just… jumping up and down on my …FACE! It's kicking the… crap out of me! Stomping the SHIT out of me! F*ck shit damn

You shouldn't have brought him in the living room, dude.

• earthsmith

Can anyone say slip and slide? I am amazed those structures are still upright. People need to get off that island. How much more abuse can that concrete withstand ? The volcanoes, the faults, the salt water…..fukushima is being held together with every ounce of positive energy in this world IMHO

• JimLynch

Excellent link for some video inside the reactor–don't know if this has been posted here yet. Take with a grain of salt:

• PeterC

This article is another way to say the same thing: The Pacific Ocean has become an open-air nuclear reactor. The plankton in the ocean produces about 50% of the Oxygen, for all us 'air breathers'. The plankton is mostly gone. The Methane/Hydrogen Sulphide releases, from the ocean are rapidly accelerating. Time is short. Enjoy it while you can!

Talking about enjoyment… I want to see those who ordered the deed: nuclear bombing of Fuku#3, to be executed in public. Made to stand in a container of radioactive water so as to melt to death, in the nude, live streamed.

For those who wish to monitor our extinction, check out: http://jumpingjackflashhypothesis.blogspot.ca/

For those who want good news, mmm, wonderfully great news, check out SpiritScience on YouTube.

• JMR

Wow. Very interesting theory. I read through a lot of it. Does the person writing this address that these mass die-offs in the ocean are also going to affect the food chain and we will be experiencing food shortages in the future – to be followed by riots and then economic problems and probably economic collapse.

The thing is there is nothing anyone could have ever done about it. And our own poisoning of the planet is only exacerbating and accelerating die-offs.

• Gasser Gasser

THE ROLLING STONES
      "Jumping Jack Flash"

(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jumping Gamma Ray Flash

I was born when there was Reactor fuel pool fires

And I howled at my ma when doc's removed my thyroid with pliers

But it's not right now, in fact it was a Dieichie Reactor blast

But it's not all right

It was Jumpin' Jack Corium's blast, blast, blast!

I was raised by a toothless, contaminated hag

I was schooled with a brace holding up my back

But it ain't all right now, in fact it's a Kr-85 gas

But it's not all right

I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash's radioactive gas, gas, gas

I was drowned in Tritium water and left for dead

I fell down, to my feet and I saw they bled

Yeah, sure and I frowned at the contamination of a crust of bread,

Yeah, I was crowned with a radioactive spike right through my head

The atmosphere right now, is filled with kr-85 gas

But it's not all right

Were all Jumpin' Jack Flash's, breathing
      Krypton 85 gas, gas, gas

[Cont]

• Gasser Gasser

[Cont]

I had to live through the Dieichie Corium meltdown mire
        And protested when the storage fuel pools caught on fire
        But it's not right, in fact it was stupid Nuclear scientist

But it's not all right
        It's Corium Gamma ray's flash, flash, flash

I was kept alive by an ugly bleeding heart liberal
        I was bullshit schooled into believing everything's all right
        But it's not all right now, in fact it's xenon-135 gas

But it's not all right
        Were all doin' Junpin' Jacks over Gamma Ray's flash, flash, flash

I was coated head to toe in Actinides and started cryin'
        I fell down into a puddle of Strontium rain water diein'

Yeah, sure I frowned at fast food radioactive burgers, fry's, an bread,
        Yeah, I was glowing from sleeping in my contaminated bed

But it's not all F—ing right
        Were all now flashing Jumpn’ Jack’s
        That are dead, dead, dead

~Gasser Classic~

• shamwow shamwow

I guess we are the proverbial frogs now.

• VanneV VanneV

If Chernobyl is an example, the cesium release will keep going on a lot longer than 5 decades. Cesium hasn't gone down around Chernobyl as has been predicted.

• sworldpeas sworldpeas

At 29:06 the end of building 1 on the right is blocked from view. WHY??? what are they hiding this time??? :(

• atomicistheword

VanneV, that 1st link has an interesting atomic accident in it from Brazil. The Goiânia accident…..

……………

Cesium 137 binding to chlorides must be a great worry in this atomic nightmare. It can absorb into plant leaves via rain, luckily it binds to soils in a way that it does not uptake via the root system of plants. Now grass, that could be a challenge?

………..
    On a quick note….

Those who own atomic radiation Geiger counters should have them recalibrated every year to remain accurate to within manufacturers guidelines.

• sworldpeas sworldpeas

"We were on limited time" "we were under stress" yes at 11:30 you can see how stressed they are,what a fucking JOKE! If there is "limited time" then why are people SITTING DOWN on the job??? The lack of a sense of urgency is APPALLING! 3000 people working on the job is NOT a clean up effort it's BUSINESS AS USUAL!!! The STUPIDITY is beyond comprehension. I can't say we don't deserve to be a victim of our own demise.

• ftlt

Uranium is being mined at increased rates worldwide. In many places, where there is little to no controls over the process. This waste is being spread globally.

Nuclear mining wastes, manufactured wastes, military weapon used/waiting to be used, processed uranium are massive parts of the long term nuclear problem. This waste is being spread globally.

FUFU is just the lastest part of this massive global toxic process. 500 other power plants await a coming disaster. More are being built. The waste is being spread globally

The mendacity of the nuclear industry has been so deeply seeded that many involved believe the industry's lies as the truth = See Gundersen's epiphany.

How many on here are really surprised by the idea of FUFUs wastes being dumped into the ocean. Not many, I would suspect.

FUFU is lost. The story is played out. We are just playing at tail chasing on here now. The resulting 3 years later revelations were known on here from the first day in our guts by most of us.

FUFU and nuclear power is part of a larger pattern of abuse by the industrial/technological powers that be – the global empire/s of the few.

It is time for mass direct action towards a global shift in governance against the forces of the accumulation of wealth and power by the few.

We need public ownership of the means of production for our own safety and for the future safety of the world we live in.

FUFU may turn out to be a good thing if it can mobilized the…

• ftlt

cont' mobilize the people of the planet. If it does not there will shortly be new FUFUs… Perhaps, one in a location near you.

• We Not They Finally

You're an idealist and that's admirable. But Fukushima will NEVER be "a good thing."

I also used to think that terrible things can motivate good things. Like the notorious fire in the garment industry in New York in the early 1900's motivated better safety regulations for labor.

Because we all unite and struggle and then progress always happens. It's always progress, right?

I found that paradigm shattered on 3/11/11. I WANT here to be a replacement paradigm that will save us. Just struggling to see where it might come from.

• ftlt

The over focusing on FUFU has become a negative for this site.

FUFU is not an E.L.E. event. It is but a part of the human industrial process that will combine into a E.L.E. event – too soon

• I think Fukushima is a tipping point for the Pacific Ocean between Japan and the North American coast, although effects will be felt elsewhere.

We are already on the path of extinction because of our destruction of the eco-system and our suicidal war on the human genome.

I believe we could avoid complete collapse if we would act very rapidly now to make changes necessary for survival, especially halting nuclear and safely containing unimaginable volumes of nuclear waste.

We also better stop injecting toxic waste into the earth using fracking technology and stop using salt caverns as waste disposal sites. We need to halt all dumping in the ocean and we need to discontinue pesticides and herbicides that are significant endocrine disruptors.

I don't expect to see overt collapse in my lifetime (although signs are definitely growing), but I do think our blind denial and greed will keep us on the wrong path and that we have but a few generations left before chaos reigns.

• Sickputer

Good points although I feel Japan will experience an overt collapse of their economy in this decade. Tourism will be non-existent, and there will not be Olympics held in Tokyo in 2020. They better stop building Olympic condos on that radioactive sludge shoreline in Tokyo Bay!

Survivors of Future Shock 2 will employ adaptive strategies for survival. Southern Hemisphere escape for the elite is the best tactic, but food, water, and air survival techniques are necessary right now in the Northern Hemisphere.

Fish is now a four letter word. Filtered and protected water is the new gold standard for longer life. Food sourcing is a top priority. Air filtering in homes will help. Carbon face mask usage by millions will be the big sign that an On the Beach global nuclear disaster has altered the civilized world forever. Third world countries will have wars and diseases beyond the pale.

This is our Brave New Nuclear World. Get used to it, but don't give up.

• "The current global policy that leads to massive pollution and resource depletion must not be allowed to go on unchecked or we will meet our end as a species."
            – ftlt

I would concur with most everything said in the above comments.

I do wonder about when the 'waves of death' and suffering will become obvious to most. I think that time may be coming sooner than we would like to think. Sometimes, where I live, it seems like it's already upon us.
            (Small Town pop 2000, Western Sierra Foothills California, my personal observation.)

IMO- A lot of people complaining of fatigue, mental tiredness and others dieing too young and for odd reasons. Early births and miscarriages to otherwise healthy young women also seems to be happening.

Outright lies, coverups and *'Plausible Deniability' is the Nuclear Industries only real game plan. It's all they've got.

*"high-ranking officials may deny any awareness of such act in order to insulate themselves and shift blame on the agents who carried out the acts, confident that their doubters will be unable to prove otherwise. The lack of evidence to the contrary ostensibly makes the denial plausible, that is, credible."

"What made the responsibility difficult to pin down in retrospect was a sophisticated system of institutionalized vagueness and circumlocution whereby no official – and particularly a President – had to officially endorse questionable activities."

• Capt. Nemo Capt. Nemo

I agree. We are combining two distinct factors: the imperfectability of machines and the fallibility of humans. This has been known for centuries or longer. When these two factors come into contact with lethality, danger to everyone and everything occurs. I am certain that humans have violated a number of natural or cosmic laws and are now stuck with the terrible consequences. Genetics offers another opportunity to create immense dangers. Probably as far back as the 19th century an invisible line was crossed that indicated humans were entering an area of great perils. We are fully in that zone now. We need as a species an infusion of wisdom.

• utahruss utahruss

Infusion of wisdom?

1. Throw your television OUT OF YOUR LIVING SPACE COMPLETELY
            2. Read and learn Law of Nations http://www.constitution.org/vattel/vattel.htm
            3. Learn about CAFR's, what they are and how your local schools, Cities, Counties and State Governments, the people who run them, COMMIT MASSIVE FRAUD AND THEFT every year
            4. Grow up and Grow a Backbone

I can show you how to get your Elected Officials doing the right things with just those couple little things right there.

You have got to take back control of your Governance, not by force or destruction or petitions or writing your Senator, no, by getting educated, empowered and going in, at your local level and having conversations and cleaning house.

That is Step 1 in the Solution Process.

Go here for a start http://fukushimatruths.freeforums.net/

Other information will be available for your review and education and I do not charge for anything ever. And I can VERIFY with actual documents, letters and news reports of certain actions taken by Elected Officials in direct response to this information, when presented in the proper context and with a little moxie.

I see all kinds of comments about how are we going to fix this and what can we do and why do they keep lying and the Government won't do anything.

People it is time for you to Grow Up and be responsible.
            Several in this thread have talked about a turning point and a replacement paradigm and I just laid it out for…

• ftlt

uta: Your link is a capitalist dream state manifesto on governance for a mercantile facilitating state.

Nothing new or important there IMO

The accumulation of property and the use of the means of production must be addressed and controlled by the people – without that we are doomed..

Only through pubic ownership can we live within a working balance with nature.

Freedom is not property.

I agree with you about working locally. Important.

Beyond that the USA government needs a new constitution. One that severely limits the private ownership of wealth and property and inheritance of the same . Without that change, there is no longer a way (the grounds) to work within the bounds of state and federal process.

We need a dramatic change. Not more of the same flawed planet killing and human slaver system we have now.

• We Not They Finally

majia, your hope is that we still have time; and that "tipping point" might also mean "turning point."

Me, I WANT to second that motion, but there is nothing in the current climate or our entrenched current reality that leads me there.

It's not that we can't still hope….

• Shaker1

In my trade (metal fab), a common saying is that one needs to be smarter than the material. The implication is that the material is only what one puts into it. It has no life, and no intelligence of its own.

Fewer and fewer, at least in the US and some other developed (or should I say deviloped) nations work in industry. All most of the population sees is the final product, the outward signs of that productions such as smoke, or the junk after the fact. A prime example of that is the mass of plastics and floating islands of it in the oceans. I think that if many could envision the whole process they'd be quite appalled. One should seriously look into the 'recycling' industry, and that we're still not too much farther along there than glass, basic metals, and, of course, organic debris. One might mention plastics, but I imagine recycling is a pretty small portion of overall production, though I may be underplaying that and I won't bother to check public figures of such.

What we have is a result that been entertained, even invited to the party. Enjoying ourselves, seems our wastes is the incessant boor every social group has that everyone dislikes. Every effort might be made to keep knowledge of the party from the ass, but he's crashed the festivities and will eventually spoil everyone's happy mood.

• Nick

ftlt..

…in no way does focusing on Fukushima ionize this site. I would argue just the opposite.

By focusing on the enormous ionizing nuclear horror, the planet's very spirit, the life energy that flows through the biosphere, becomes ever more precious and sacred.

Nothing. I'll repeat nothing is more sacred than mother earth.

The complex interactions of halides and trans-uranium elements are forever altering our very DNA.

No, cesium the moment, Fukushima us all.

• ftlt

Nick: I said over focusing. I did not say FUFU is not important.. I said, It is just part of what is killing Mother Earth. There will be another worse FUFU tomorrow or the day after = count on it.

FUFU is lost… It cannot be hidden, because, it ain't going anywhere soon – now is it?

• clamshellernh clamshellernh

Japanese Government Plans to Dump Radiated, Strontium-90-Rich Groundwater into Pacific

By Christina Sarich

All trust has been shattered. It isn’t as if the Pacific Ocean needs more radioactive mire, but the Japanese government is trying to dump their poisoned ground water into an ocean that is already quickly dying. A senior scientist at MIT, Ken Buesseler, and co-author of Japan’s Continuing Nuclear Nightmare says, “ultimately you can’t keep putting contaminated water in tanks. You are going to have to decontaminate and release some of that water. There’s a finite amount of real estate . . .” but Tepco isn’t decontaminating that water. They simply don’t have the resources to do it. High strontium-90 levels found in groundwater are simply going to be redirected to the Pacific if the government gets approval.

My question is whose approval? Who ultimately is in charge of saying, “sure you can put so much poison in the ocean, it will never be able to support life again, and while you’re at it, go ahead and start watching that toxic, radioactive sludge travel up the food chain, until it reaches human beings, and kills them off faster than the plague.” The Nationwide Fisheries Foundation has been called upon to support the dumping, ‘as long as the water’s contamination level is far below the legal limit,’ one that has been recently changed by governments around the world.

• We Not They Finally

Exactly. It is not their decision to make! Every drop of that poison that they have ALREADY dumped into the Pacific is a crime against not just humanity, but the whole basis of life on Earth.

They need to evacuate Japan, and then flood all the water they possibly can INLAND. Then Japan needs to be put into international receivership, with all proceeds going to victims and/or to mitigation of the disaster.

Oh, and JAIL the people who did this. Jail them and throw away the key. Then let them eat fish!

And what kind of idiots are the Nationwide Fisheries Foundation? Is that in Japan or here? There is NO "below legal limit." All we've EVER had here is "what the Nazis decide to call legal." And they will wreck their own fisheries based on that?

As a species, we may not survive. But we sure need to be SMARTER than this!

• Nick

Toxic at the atomic level.

Wrap your brain-pans around that.

No bowing is gonna cure us.

• As present terminology use here above indicates, survival is unlikely. We are still avoiding naming the names of the wealth-crazed who own and are therefore personally responsible for each ecology damaging action — insisting on talking 'corporation' or 'government' as though they were persons.
    The power of wealth produced by work and creativity should not be allowed in the hands of persons without ethics, or narcissistic personality disorders. We see the results; death of humanity and probably all life.

• We Not They Finally

No one's avoiding names. Like Dick Cheney — there's one name for you. And "the power of wealth produced by work and creativity" has ALREADY been drained away. And whoever we name as the evildoers, the POWER has been drained away. Tell them they should do this, or they shouldn't do that, and they will just laugh.

The problem IS wrongful negative power grabs. Our only hope (well, geo-politically — unclear that we can do anything geo-physically by now)is to reverse the massive ongoing theft of POWER.

I don't know how to do it. I just think that that is what would have to be done.

• Nick

Indigenous tribes the world over have a clue about how ecosystems work and our interwoven dependence on all life.

Nuclear reactors that are AWOL are not okay.

• Capt. Nemo Capt. Nemo

I share Alfred North Whitehead's view that even minerals and atoms have some sort of feeling or consciousness. You might want to look at his book Science And The Modern World or The Adventure of Ideas. If so, then Plutonium can be communicated with in the same fashion that Luther Burbank talked to plants and achieved some remarkable discoveries and results. Instead of fearing radioactive substances like Cesium 137 one might have a go at making "friends". Become an inonizing radiation whisperer!:)
    This is also a very Buddhist approach.
    Anyway fear and anger are unpleasant and have no effect on radioactive particles as far as I can determine.

• Capt. Nemo Capt. Nemo

Now we shall drink the wine of Assassins.

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Another make believe Land of OZ..cancer has killed many of millions of people and is a very real disease! :(

31,750,000 slotted for direct death from Cancer in Japan..very sad.

Numbers are growing rapidly and fantasy thinking and smiles will not change any of these people's real world pain and Earth reality.

• We Not They Finally

They still think that they have a viable "containment vessel" in that reactor? And they are still talking about "leaks"?

It's mental-institution talk.

• No Immediate Danger No Immediate Danger

"How do we stop it?"

Physicists have been asking themselves this question since they started accumulating it. The technology does not exist to stop it.

That niggling problem, potential annihilation, didn't slow its development and expansion, though. There's no problem an indemnity clause can't fix.

• Nick

There is no such thing as a nuclear expert.

Experts fix things.

Experts don't lie.

No, no nuclear expert on the planet has stepped up to the plate and called for the elimination of nuclear anything.

Nothing short of that matters.

Still giving money to 350.org? Like carbon is evil?

Hah!

I would welcome climate change forever, not this horrid death that nuclear has bestowed on us all.

Still wearing pink?

Amazing how conned many of us have been.