Column of the Day: What’s happening in Fukushima?, Fukushima Diary, September 20, 2011:
[Hiroaki Koide, assistant professor at Kyoto University's Research Reactor Institute] estimates nuclear fuel rods may be now 12m deep under ground at reactor 1-3. Only God knows about reactor 4.
Melted rods can not be taken out for 1~2 years. One piece of the fuel rods is estimated to sink into the ground at a rate of 17m per year. Therefore, 2 years from now,they may be 34m underground.
20,110,919 Growing ki ji ne ta ャ ー ナ Hikaru Kyoto University nuclear reactor 実 験 the assistant Koide Hiroaki, tacc77, September 19, 2011:
http://hiroakikoide.wordpress.com/2011/09/20/tanemaki-sep19/さ よ う な ら original Departure assembly” 6 million people to participate in play は し い Koide Hiroaki Cool down the reactor within a year you can really do.
Published: September 21st, 2011 at 6:29 pm ET
- Kyoto U. Prof: I always argued that containment is broken — Said melted fuel may already be 40 feet underground December 1, 2011
- Japan Nuclear Expert: Melted fuel may have gone through cement floor and into ground under Fukushima reactors — I don’t believe Tepco’s claim for one second — Where in the world is it? (VIDEO) August 23, 2012
- Reuters: Fukushima fuel melted through containment vessels and is “spewing radiation” — Nuke Expert: Fuel has “scattered all over the place” — Gov’t: Fuel may have burned out into environment — Tepco Official: Fuel could have flowed out “like lava in a volcano” (VIDEOS) March 15, 2016
- Image published by embassy in Japan shows Fukushima melted fuel deep underground January 20, 2014
- US Gov’t: Melted fuel most likely burned through containment at Fukushima reactors; We’re concerned about failures underground… “Where did it leak out? How did it leak out? We don’t know” — Expert: Corium may have flowed into reactor buildings, burned through floor (PHOTOS & AUDIO) May 28, 2015