Title: Fukushima: Surviving The Tsunami
Source: CCTV News – CNTV English
Reporter: Tony Cheng
Uploaded by: MissingSky101
Date Aired: March 16, 2012
Date Published: February 27, 2013
At 4:00 in
During a short break, he takes me through the Ohashi children’s symptoms. Symptoms he’s seen all over Fukushima prefecture.
Dr. Tomoyuki Yamazaki, Specialist in the medical effects of radiation exposure: From my experience, in a wide area many children in Fukushima and the greater Tokyo area were complaining of similar symptoms in March.
Reporter: And how do the levels of radiation here compare to what he’s seen in Chernobyl?
Dr. Yamazaki: In Koriyama or Fukushima [City] exceed that level. Chernobyl’s high radiation areas measure 12 or 13 times as high as we’re seeing here, but there are parts of Koriyama and Fukushima which are forty times as high as it is here.
Dr. Yamazaki fears the reality for Fukushima could soon be the same as that of Chernobyl, with children suffering from radiation related illnesses for decades.
Published: February 28th, 2013 at 2:23 am ET
- Tears During UN Presentation: Children trapped in high radiation areas after Fukushima disaster — Living and going to school with radiation levels of Chernobyl’s mandatory evacuation zone (VIDEO) January 26, 2013
- Headline: “Rising doubts about Japan’s official radiation figures” — Large cities still exposed to high levels of radioactivity from Fukushima plant February 27, 2013
- Asahi: High radiation levels found at possible Olympic sites — Japan Professor: Radioactive materials have spread throughout greater Tokyo; Region remains in “emergency situation”? October 8, 2013
- Reuters: Contamination concerns growing… High radiation levels 270+ km from meltdowns — Gundersen: Over half of Japanese living in contaminated areas… Includes places 400 km away from Fukushima (VIDEO) February 13, 2012
- Study: Contamination in Tokyo suburb 3 times higher than area 1 mile from Fukushima Daiichi — Nuclear Scientist: Significant contamination in Tokyo, a serious problem (AUDIO) September 23, 2013