Soil samples from Japan tested with gamma spectroscopy
Published: May 15, 2012
At 8:00 in
The samples from Kashiwa City, Chiba Prefecture [~20km NW of Tokyo]… There were really high, really clear peaks for cesium…
The gamma signal of the cesium was so strong that it washed out just about all of the other peaks.
The cesium contamination from the soil was so strong that it was impossible to identify the presence of other isotopes using this particular equipment.
Credits: Tom from anti-proton.com did the testing. I also need to thank Frank Daulton, Saga007, and asuperdry.
See the video detailing the results here
Published: May 16th, 2012 at 12:18 pm ET
- Gundersen: Gov’t dumping radioactive material into Tokyo Bay — Contaminated seaweed found in area (VIDEO) December 22, 2011
- “Are you sitting down”? Gamma rays seen in Fukushima footage — Appearing as out-of-focus streaks and flashes (VIDEO) January 25, 2012
- ‘Quite Something’: Extremely radioactive sample from Tokyo air filter — 150 times more uranium than expected — “This is from Fukushima” -Busby (VIDEO) July 25, 2012
- Gundersen on CTV: The country of Japan is contaminated — “Just routine checking an area here and there” in Tokyo found all samples to be radioactive waste (VIDEO) March 12, 2012
- Tokyo Suburb: Children playing on dirt with “huge amounts of radioactivity” — Includes alpha particles — Cesium levels so high it prevented identification of other isotopes (VIDEO) April 28, 2012