Title: No. 1, 2 plants’ reactors written off
Source: Jiji (Japan Times)
Date: Aug. 18, 2012
No. 1, 2 plants’ reactors written off
National policy minister Motohisa Furukawa has said that reactors 5 and 6 at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant and the nearby No. 2 power station should never be restarted.
Furukawa made the remarks Thursday while meeting evacuees from the village of Kawauchi during a visit to Fukushima Prefecture, Mayor Yuko Endo said.
Published: August 17th, 2012 at 9:50 pm ET
- Fukushima Daiichi Worker: I think all reactors will be in crisis after major aftershock — We don’t have enough people to settle down No. 4 fuel pool and other reactors May 27, 2012
- Prime Minister Kan considered possibility of all six reactors melting down — “Up until around Mar. 15, we were losing ground to the invisible enemy”-Japan Times February 18, 2012
- Kyodo: Fukushima Daini “not so fatally damaged” as Daiichi — Gov’t now making claims of cold shutdown ‘conditions’ at BOTH plants January 12, 2012
- NYT: Top Japan official warned of demonic chain reaction after Daiichi meltdowns — We would lose Fukushima Daini, then we would lose Tokai — We would also lose Tokyo itself February 27, 2012
- Japan PM discusses restarting Fukushima Daiichi reactors — Safety to be confirmed? March 30, 2013