Title: Tropical storm moves across Japan
Date: Sept. 16, 2013
[...] The weather officials had issued special warnings for Shiga, Kyoto and Fukui prefectures for the first time since they adopted the warning system in August. The warnings for Kyoto and Fukui have been downgraded to heavy rain warnings.
The warning is issued when they consider a significant likelihood of a natural disaster of a magnitude observed only once every few decades.
The downpours have raised the risk of mudslides from northeastern to western Japan. Some areas are also at high risk of flooding.
Nearly 500,000 households have been ordered or instructed to evacuate in 20 prefectures. [...]
Waves are likely to remain almost 10 meters high in waters off the Pacific coast from eastern to western Japan. [...]
Published: September 16th, 2013 at 12:25 am ET
- TV: Dangerous typhoon causing massive damage in Japan — “Life-threatening flash flooding” expected for Fukushima, rain up to 10 inches — AP: “Packing winds up to 180 km per hour” — Experts warn of tornadoes, mudslides, and high waves along Pacific coast — Navy: Max. wave height now 37 feet (VIDEO) October 6, 2014
- Japan Gov’t: “No immediate likelihood the plant will stop emitting radiation” — High radiation areas should voluntarily evacuate (VIDEO) March 25, 2011
- CNN: 45 ft. waves off Japan coast from massive typhoon — Storm Chaser: “Biggest I’ve ever seen… absolutely overwhelming” — Official: “Rains on an unseen scale” — “High danger of landslides” — Record rainfall up to 16 inches already — Astronaut: “Neoguri has been literally cut in half… Unreal” (VIDEO) July 9, 2014
- TV: Massive M8.2 quake in Eastern Pacific triggers tsunami — NHK: Fukushima plant cancels work, cooling pumps and emergency generators moved to higher ground — Agency warns high waves could reach Japan early tomorrow (VIDEO) April 2, 2014
- Former US Gov’t Official: Growing likelihood Fukushima reactors will be entombed — Nuclear ‘sacrifice zone’ where they can only try to reduce contamination from escaping — Unprecedented situation, it’s flowing into Pacific Ocean continually adding to plume soon to hit West Coast (AUDIO) April 4, 2014