Title: Japan: Fukushima Woman Organizes Radiation Information Centers At Church
Source: Eurasia Review
Author: By Hisashi Yukimoto
Date: April 18, 2012
Terumi Kataoka, who lives just 100 kilometers (62 miles) from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, is one of thousands of Japanese who frankly don’t believe what governments and scientists are telling them about the health effects of low-dose radiation.
So Kataoka, 50, has set up the Aizu Radiation Information Center at her local United Church of Christ church in Aizuwakamatsu. Because she is especially concerned about the effect of radiation on children, she also heads the Aizu Society to Protect the Lives of Children from Radiation.
“There is no time to lose. We are called to pray and act with our voices of anger to save the lives of the little ones,” Kataoka told ENInews. [...]
Tomoyuki Yamazaki, a Japanese doctor and a United Church member in Wakayama Prefecture in western Japan who provides medical counselling at the information center every month, said in an email to ENInews that an increasing number of children he has seen “have nosebleeds that don’t stop, diarrhea, dark circles under their eyes, and incurable stomatitis [an inflammation of the mucous linings in the mouth]. A growing number of children [at the centre] have pains in their chests.” [...]
Read the report here
Published: April 18th, 2012 at 4:43 am ET
- Doctor near Tokyo attributes symptoms to radiation exposure: We have begun to see increased nosebleeds, stubborn cases of diarrhea, and flu-like symptoms in children August 18, 2011
- Japan Doctor: So enraged by response of gov’t — Fukushima children’s rashes, nosebleeds, diarrhea, fatigue blamed on radiation-phobia mothers April 29, 2013
- Japan refugees in New Zealand: Family’s health suffering — Diarrhea, chest problems, swollen glands — “Many of her friends and family back in Fukushima have similar symptoms” December 18, 2011
- Fukushima Mother’s Plea to U.N.: Children and adults are suffering tremendously — Sharp increase in bloody urine, bone pain, more — Doctor says many have similar symptoms with unknown causes — Family’s health deteriorated all at once, recovered soon after moving September 27, 2013
- Japanese Doctor’s Fukushima Warning: I am worried because I received calls complaining of health problems much earlier than expected July 12, 2012