The Phantom Draft Energy Agency, Taro Kono, member of Japan’s House of Representatives, May 5, 2011:
The three went through the mail came from the bureaucracy of young attachment energy agency.
Integrating the entire TEPCO Group meeting minutes of May 1 the government.
Release is made with a high concentration of 8 days will be like this.
From assistant Hosono, this case is very important on the go to the next step, such as installation of heat exchangers, and (the future in terms that can be discharged out of the radioactive material) during discharge of contaminated water avoid repeating mistakes, officials close to the sharing of information we want working with high sensitivity, which was said.
An ENENEWS reader adds:
My partner who is Japanese brought this blog post to my attention. It is from Taro Kono, who is in the house of representatives (LDP, opposition to current government):
In particular this section:
“エネ庁の若手官僚から添付ファイルが３通ついたメールが来た。 その一 ５月１日の政府・東電統合本部全体会合の議事録。 『このままいくと８日にも高濃度の放出が行われる。』 『細野補佐官から，本件は熱交換機の設置といった次のステップに進む上で非常に重要である，また，（今後，放射性物質が外に排出され得るという点で，）汚染水排出の際の失敗を繰り返さないよう，関係者は情報共有を 密に行い，高い感度を持って取り組んで欲しい，とする発言があった。』”
Translation (non-literal and our understanding):
I received 3 emails with attachments from junior government officials in the energy department.
The first email:
Minutes of meeting between TEPCO and the government on the 1st May. “If the current situation continues, high density radiation will be released on the 8th May.” “Mr Hosono said: It is very important to go to the next step regarding the installation of the heat exchanger machine. For the concerned parties, be careful of the sharing of information with high sensitivity so that the same mistakes aren’t made again like the release of the radiated water previously.
The second and third emails aren’t related so we didn’t translate it. It isn’t clear from the text the way the radiation will be released. ie airborne or via water.
The aforementioned energy department English homepage is this: http://www.enecho.meti.go.jp/english/index.htm
Perhaps those who are following the work and/or parameters of the reactors could hypothesise what they are thinking about doing.
Published: May 6th, 2011 at 5:55 am ET
- Private testing finds high concentration of Plutonium in soil over 30 miles from Fukushima — “Very high radiation that is very different to what the gov’t released” May 15, 2011
- AP Headline: “Japanese govt kept meltdown risk secret” — NISA spokesman replaced after letting it ‘slip out’ during press conference March 10, 2012
- German state-run TV: “Reports from Japanese journalists confirm what anti-nuclear activists fear: the situation in Fukushima is much worse than gov’t is letting on” April 18, 2012
- AP: Amount of radiation released from Fukushima is still unknown — Recent studies suggest Japan continues to significantly underestimate scale of disaster December 27, 2011
- Confusion: Radiation still being released from Fukushima — Officials don’t know where it is coming from March 22, 2011