In Ukraine and Belarus people had enormous damages on their health consuming flour. The transition percentage of radioactive substances is high. Bread of school-provided lunch is the only place the flour produced in Tôhoku and Kantô region can be consumed so they are trying to do something about it. Do they want to kill children? I can’t forgive. Adults in Tokyo are insane. I can’t let it happen.
— 木下黄太 (@KinositaKouta) July 19, 2012
Zenpanren (Japan’s federation of cooperatives of bread), the bread making trade association who delivers bread for school food service begun in earnest to establish a system to switch the imported flour to domestic flour in stages. The flour will be used for school meals as a basic ingredient from 2013.
They are planning to blend “Yume Chikara” which is hard wheat flour breed and various all-purpose flour from each local places and to provide bread as original breads to each local regions.
They organize workshops about production method with those involved people such as bread makers, flour milling companies and school food service groups.
This action assignment has raw material costs that are higher than with imported flour and they demand support to the government for improving food self-sufficiency.
Published: July 22nd, 2012 at 2:28 pm ET
- Japanese journalist’s call for evacuating children from Tokyo causing controversy July 7, 2012
- Japanese Journalist: “It’s like killing our own children, I cannot allow it to happen” — Teachers forcing students to eat food that parents fear is contaminated with radiation (VIDEO) August 22, 2011
- Photos: Adults volunteer Japanese students “for decontamination in contaminated area” — Mounds of disaster debris September 20, 2012
- Decontamination during recess — Children play next to adults shoveling radioactive dirt (VIDEO) January 24, 2013
- Japan Physician: I hope adults will leave Tokyo, not just children — Strange things happening — Medications don’t seem to work — Rare diseases increasing dramatically (VIDEO) November 11, 2013