Fukushima Now: in the Aftermath of Nuclear Disaster
Published on: Oct 1, 2012
Uploaded by: ChurchWorldService
Description: A 30 minute documentary commissioned by CWS-Asia/Pacific on the aftermath of the March 11, 2011, nuclear disaster in Fukushima, Japan…
At 15:45 in
Yoshino Hiroyuki, NPO [non-profit organization] Shalom says it is necessary to protect children by changing the environment around the children so they are not under constant exposure to radiation.
Hiroyuki: We need to start a rotating evacuation for children as soon as possible. Otherwise radiation just continues to accumulate. If permanent evacuation is impossible we can maintain their health by temporary evacuation on a rotational basis. [...] This is the minimum we need to do.
Watch the documentary here
Published: October 1st, 2012 at 1:06 pm ET
- Japanese Judge: Already signs of major health hazard in Fukushima — Kids may end up like those around Chernobyl — Urgent need for evacuation (VIDEO) February 5, 2013
- Tears During UN Presentation: Children trapped in high radiation areas after Fukushima disaster — Living and going to school with radiation levels of Chernobyl’s mandatory evacuation zone (VIDEO) January 26, 2013
- Just 0.8% of children in 2001 Japanese control group had thyroid cysts or nodules — 36% in Fukushima study July 15, 2012
- Press Conference: “Japanese gov’t kills our children, still now” — “I am very worried and afraid” (VIDEO) May 24, 2012
- A Nun’s Warning: “I just came back from Japan and Fukushima and I hear already many children start getting sick” (VIDEO) January 5, 2013