Testimony to the Administrative Oversight Committee in Japan’s Upper House
Dr. Hiroaki Koide, Kyoto University Research Reactor Institute
May 23, 2011
Uploaded Date: May 29, 2012
Uploaded and Translated by: tokyobrowntabby
Part II at 6:00 in
When I try to figure out the true magnitude of damage by the Fukushima accident, I am overwhelmed.
How much land should we lose?
If we strictly applied the current Japanese regulation we would have to abandon almost all of Fukushima Prefecture.
Published: June 1st, 2012 at 2:37 am ET
- ‘Even if the Japanese gov’t goes into bankruptcy, it still won’t be enough to compensate all the damages that will be produced’ from Fukushima Daiichi June 1, 2012
- Report: Over 200,000 Bq/kg of radioactive cesium in dust from outside Fukushima Prefecture January 6, 2013
- Tens of thousands still living today in highly contaminated areas around Fukushima plant — Effectively abandoned by gov’t -Nuclear Expert April 23, 2012
- Legal Expert: They applied for permits to dispose of radioactive and other waste in cavern below giant sinkhole… and the material is leaking out (AUDIO) October 2, 2012
- “Caldrons of hell” created at Fukushima, says energy company official; Disaster is recurring each day at plant — Japan Nuclear Expert: We have a crisis “of a severity that can’t be imagined anywhere else”; People have been abandoned and “thrown away” (VIDEO) May 4, 2015