Japanese Nuclear Expert: ‘When I try to figure out the true magnitude of damage, I am overwhelmed’ — Almost all of Fukushima Prefecture would be abandoned if gov’t regulations were applied (VIDEOS)
Testimony to the Administrative Oversight Committee in Japan’s Upper House
Dr. Hiroaki Koide, Kyoto University Research Reactor Institute
May 23, 2011
Uploaded Date: May 29, 2012
Uploaded and Translated by: tokyobrowntabby
Part II at 6:00 in
When I try to figure out the true magnitude of damage by the Fukushima accident, I am overwhelmed.
How much land should we lose?
If we strictly applied the current Japanese regulation we would have to abandon almost all of Fukushima Prefecture.
Dr. Koide's Testimony: "Nuclear Energy Is An… by tokyobrowntabby
Dr. Koide's Testimony: "About Fukushima" [Part… by tokyobrowntabby
- ‘Even if the Japanese gov’t goes into bankruptcy, it still won’t be enough to compensate all the damages that will be produced’ from Fukushima Daiichi June 1, 2012
- Tens of thousands still living today in highly contaminated areas around Fukushima plant — Effectively abandoned by gov’t -Nuclear Expert April 23, 2012
- Report: Over 200,000 Bq/kg of radioactive cesium in dust from outside Fukushima Prefecture January 6, 2013
- Nuclear Expert: Fukushima radiation still spreading — “It hasn’t stopped yet” — Enormous amount is in mountains and coming down (VIDEO) December 9, 2011
- Legal Expert: They applied for permits to dispose of radioactive and other waste in cavern below giant sinkhole… and the material is leaking out (AUDIO) October 2, 2012