Fallout!, 60 Minutes Australia, June 17, 2011:
When Japan was rocked by a massive earthquake and tsunami back in March, we told ourselves the worst was behind us. [...]
But all these weeks later, the crisis is far from over.
The crippled Fukushima nuclear plant is still leaking and, judging from the experience at Chernobyl, Japan’s recovery won’t be measured in years, but centuries.
Watch video here.
Published: June 20th, 2011 at 2:29 pm ET
- Seattle TV: Children now sicker than ever from Chernobyl disaster — Contamination to go on for centuries to come — Many with heart and digestive problems (VIDEO) June 26, 2013
- TV: Unprecedented catastrophe underway at Fukushima… Radioactive material will keep coming across to North America for centuries — Gundersen: Melted nuclear fuel to bleed into ocean for decades, perhaps centuries… Entire Pacific is being contaminated (VIDEO) October 22, 2014
- Mainichi: Decontamination failed and abandoned after Chernobyl — Residents allowed back, then forced to leave again — Now no return for centuries says Zone official April 25, 2012
- Fukushima Woman to Officials: I started to suffer from various health problems one after another since last June — “Exactly the same as those found in villages around Chernobyl” (VIDEO) June 12, 2012
- Study shows soil contamination from Fukushima meltdown comparable to Chernobyl: Kyodo May 24, 2011