Title: Fukushima children recuperate at center on Okinawa island
Source: Jiji Press
Date: Jan 8, 2013
Fukushima children recuperate at center on Okinawa island
A recuperation center set up on Kumejima island in Okinawa Prefecture is providing support for children affected by the nuclear crisis in Fukushima Prefecture.
[...] set up by nonprofit organization Okinawa Kumi no Sato in the aftermath of the nuclear crisis as part of efforts to help maintain the health of disaster-afflicted children in Fukushima.
[...] modeled after a recuperation center in Belarus set up in 1994 for child victims of the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear crisis. Photojournalist Ryuichi Hirokawa, 69, who has been involved in the running of the recuperation center, is using his experience to manage Kumi no Sato.
[...] The program also provides comprehensive thyroid examinations for the children. [...]
Published: January 7th, 2013 at 1:49 pm ET
- Asahi: Gov’t survey shows Fukushima fallout has spread throughout Japan — Now confirmed at Okinawa 1,700 km away November 26, 2011
- NHK: Powerful typhoon now battering Japan, winds at 162 kilometers/hr — Fukushima in center of forecast track (VIDEO) September 29, 2012
- Reuters: Strengthening storm headed near Fukushima — Typhoon Warning Center: Well-defined low-level circulation center… Deep convection is building (PHOTO) October 1, 2013
- Lawmaker warns emperor of reality facing Japan: “Children are suffering from health problems” — Another official reveals “the incidence of cancer in children has been increasing” and is heckled (VIDEO) November 2, 2013
- Jiji: Footage reveals Tepco made plans to evacuate Fukushima Daiichi August 19, 2012