Follow-up to: Jiji: Many children appear "prone to sickness and weak" after 3/11 -- Reuters: Many children with "immune system problems and listlessness" after Chernobyl
Title: Disaster-area kids under hard stress
Date: Sep. 12, 2012
At a junior high school in southern Miyagi, the number of students who were frequently unable to attend class because of headaches and stomachaches and visited the school nurse increased sharply this year.
Also, the effects of the disaster are manifested in different forms.
Child psychiatrist Hiroaki Honma, 62, chief of the children’s center of the Miyagi Prefectural Government, said children are easily losing concentration and becoming irritable.
Published: September 15th, 2012 at 5:13 pm ET
- Fukushima Mother’s Plea to U.N.: Children and adults are suffering tremendously — Sharp increase in bloody urine, bone pain, more — Doctor says many have similar symptoms with unknown causes — Family’s health deteriorated all at once, recovered soon after moving September 27, 2013
- 60km from Fukushima Plant: Kids walk to school each day on road contaminated with radioactivity of 70,000 Bq/m2 (VIDEO) October 9, 2012
- 43% of kids have thyroid abnormalities in new Fukushima City test results (CHART) September 11, 2012
- Japan TV: Professor detects 104 microSv/h near where kids walk to school — “Absurd reality” where children are right next to high-level contamination (VIDEO) February 9, 2012
- *Watch* Nursery school children on contaminated playground equipment: “The radiation is in the holes” — Some kids with no dosimeters, masks not covering noses (VIDEO) July 22, 2012