Hibakusha Press Conference
Foreign Correspondent’s Club Japan (FCCJ) in Tokyo on
22 May 2012
Asahi: Ralph T. Niemeyer, a German editor and journalist, is also the director of “Hibakusha–From Hiroshima to Fukushima, Nuclear Capitalism Tries to Rebound,” an English-language film made in cooperation with Dorothee Menzner, a member of the German parliament.
Niemeyer: To negotiate with the nuclear industry is like debating with the drug cartels about the introduction of law and order.
Watch the full video here
Published: May 24th, 2012 at 10:22 am ET
- Local Official: Pharmacist says prescription drug use, high blood pressure on the rise after Fukushima disaster — “No wonder; We are exposed to high level of radiation every second” July 5, 2012
- Freelance Journalist in Japan: Fukushima gov’t dumping tons of radioactive mud from decontamination into river at night February 8, 2012
- Japan Nuclear Expert: Humanity as a whole has literally never experienced something like Fukushima — “We will be fighting this radiation on the order of tens or hundreds of years” (VIDEO) May 11, 2012
- Officials: “Trillions of becquerels of radioactive material still flowing into sea” at Fukushima — Map shows nuclear waste coming up from bottom of ocean far offshore — Japan TV Journalist: “Contaminated seawater will circulate around globe… disaster like a huge cloth expanding everyday” (VIDEO) August 11, 2015
- Japan journalist on rumors about Fukushima workers: “Pretty credible reports coming out — probably from the hospital staff — that they’re beyond capacity and don’t know what to do” (VIDEO) November 10, 2011