Published: December 9th, 2012 at 1:11 pm ET

Dec. 9, 2012 tweet by Japanese freelance journalist @sayakaiurani translated by Fukushima Diary:

(An anonymous source from the inside of the government) At this moment, none of the emergency was reported due to the M7.3 at this moment. However, they reported to us the troubles such as cables were unplugged or pressure went out of control etc..While those troubles were reported to us, Tepco and the government officially announced there was no problem at the plant [...]

See also: Report: M7.3 quake caused reaction inside Unit 1 at Fukushima Daiichi -- Indications are that something corium related is going on

Published: December 9th, 2012 at 1:11 pm ET

1. Japan Journalist: Situation at Fukushima Daiichi “way worse than officially announced” — Nuclear workers think Fukushima can’t be settled — “They have problems everywhere” (VIDEO) March 23, 2013
  2. Gundersen: I don’t believe what Tepco said — Some indications of a problem in Unit 1 at Fukushima Daiichi after quake — Hydrogen levels up dramatically (VIDEO) December 10, 2012
  3. Japanese Journalist: Fukushima workers die suddenly but it’s not reported, says nurse at plant — Gov’t agents following me for surveillance (VIDEO) March 21, 2014
  4. Video: Black radioactive material being reported 100 kilometers south of Fukushima Daiichi March 16, 2013
  5. Kyodo at 6:41p ET: Fukushima Daiichi power failure still underway — Residents anxious, Tepco remains unable to fix problem March 18, 2013

15 comments to Journalist: Trouble reported at Fukushima Daiichi after M7.3 quake — Gov’t and Tepco officially saying ‘no problem’

• Anthony Anthony

I really believe in karma. I think anything that happens to TEPCO they will have earned.

• dosdos dosdos

Not enough karma to truly punish TEPCO for what they have done, what they are doing, and what they will continue to do. There just isn't enough karma to go around.

• DisasterInterpretationDissorder DisasterInterpretationDissorder

LOL

• timemachine2020 timemachine2020

Mad as we might be at Tepco and the Japanese – in fact it was the US Government and General Electric that shoved these demonic nuclear power plants down the Japanese peoples throats with promises of safety and financial gains that created this Fukushima Monster to begin with. We have nuked them 3 times now – 2 times in WW2 and now this Fukushima fiasco and probably more meltdowns to come when this fuku monster decides to vomit up the spent fuel rods. We have nobody to blame but american corporate greed. I am as red, white and blue as they come but it is indeed our fault not theirs. Truman started it and now it is up to us to finish it. Nuclear power is the devil and the main cause of lost cancers. It must be stopped. There is already a million years of clean up to do, how much more are we going to burdon the future with?

• DisasterInterpretationDissorder DisasterInterpretationDissorder

Agreed !

• AGreenRoad AGreenRoad

Two times the US dropped nuclear bombs on Japan.. Now they have bombed themselves with at least THREE out of control nuclear hydrogen bombs, that then took the form of 100 ton blobs of out of control nuclear fires, going down into the ground..

NUCLEAR BOMBS AND NUCLEAR WEAPONS

• Sol Man

Because all people deserve to live without the terrible fear of a genome alteration by radiation that would mean the good possibility of a mutation at birth. We have never had to consider this before.

• CB CB

Tepco and officially should not be allowed in the same sentance.

• Johnny Blade Johnny Blade

Hi CB, unfortunately "TEPCO & officially" are one and the same and CAN'T be disassociated from any statement or sentence set out for public consumption…as much as I loathe hearing,much less using the word "sheeple" for some reason-I'm disappointed that the majority of the global population stubbornly reject the implications of or even mention of Fukushima and the numerous "faults"(every definition of the word),their untamed,"convenient" nuke power technology's inherent,immeasurably dangerous emissions hold for them or those they love is not realized…yet! I can't believe the apathy displayed by the mainstream population in the wake of the lessons that SHOULD'VE been learned even before Fukushima?!! I see now that they won't "act" until they're a few hours away from the same fate they'd have to watch unfold for themselves on TV before it too dies,albeit too late to "fix" by then anyhow(?)! I found my own creative ways to connect with people & appeal to the logic I'd assumed they had prior to 3/11 and the policy of skepticism I met when I try to inform others of the ongoing crisis in Japan AND the US nuke program(s) "weak" points that put all of us in jeopardy and I'd like to think I've put Fukushima and the fragile nature of the nuke industry back into their mind's eye & list of things they SHOULD worry about-even without being "officially" told to start making preparations for a catastrophic status change at damaged nuke facilities or a…

• Johnny Blade Johnny Blade

cont'd.~new,unprecedented disaster(s) yet to occur…I'd like to think I might've given them just enough insight & info to tempt them to research the issues for themselves,starting with the media blackout and the evidence connecting big-nuke to ownership of major media networks since they HAVE to see it on TV before they'd accept its existence(not just Fuku or radiation either). I'm proud of anything good that comes from my efforts and hope they can find a way to co-exist with painful realities better met with anticipation & preparation than surprise and frozen with fear & panic-even worse if loved ones including children are counting on their wisdom,intelligence and common sense to give them a chance,however slim of surviving whatever event resulted in the possible scenario described…ah crap,I'm rambling again-sorry!lol..PC is acting up now too so I better sign off for now & wish everyone a good evening until the next 1/2 pot of coffee inspires me. There's always so much going on here & outside of MSM reporting that it boggles the mind & I try to assimilate it all but it's overwhelming & until my wife's health improves I'm limited in the time & ways I can actively put the amount of effort I want to contribute to getting rid of all the nuclear time bombs ticking away in our backyards-but I try! :) TAKE CARE ENEWSER'S~73's~ BLADE OUT!

• CB CB

Good day to you Johnny Blade! I hope your wife feels better soon. Nice rant & I'm glad your here. I fear the worst is imminent, and common sense is not so common. 猿も木から落ちる。