Burning well in Gulf has ‘bridged over’ — “Sand and sediment collapsed into area being drilled, blocking the line” — Feds say gas flow stopped, fire decreasing (PHOTO)
Sky News: In a Thursday news release, the US Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) says the well “bridged over”, meaning sand and sediment collapsed into the area being drilled, blocking the line.
Reuters: Fire at Gulf rig decreased, natural gas flow stopped -Regulators
Times Picayune: BSEE and Coast Guard officials state that they will continue overseeing response efforts until the incident has come to a complete and safe resolution that includes securing the well.
CNN: It was not immediately clear what steps would now be taken to secure the well.
See more photos of the burning rig here
- Dark substance covering water around oil platform that exploded in Gulf — Feds: “Sheen can be seen for miles” (VIDEO & PHOTO) November 17, 2012
- Fire at nuclear testing area 65 miles NW of Las Vegas — Feds checking for radiation July 11, 2011
- Radio: Uncontrolled gas flowing from well in Gulf of Mexico — WSJ: Experts trying to stop flow below seafloor February 15, 2013
- Uncontrolled gas flow continues from well in Gulf of Mexico — Trying to stop it from moving underground February 20, 2013
- OT: Multiple explosions near Boston Marathon finish line — 3 reported dead — “Somebody’s leg flew by my head” — Blood-stained sidewalks (PHOTO) April 15, 2013