Kyodo, July 23, 2013: [... Tepco] said Tuesday it has confirmed “something like steam” is coming out of the No. 3 reactor building again [...Tepco] said one of its monitoring cameras showed what appeared to be steam coming out of the building’s fifth floor just above the reactor container at around 9:05 a.m. Tuesday. The steam continued to be seen at 10:30 a.m. [...] TEPCO has suspended work to remove rubble at the reactor building due to the apparent steam emission, they said.
Washington Post, July 23, 2013: [...] Tepco also said in an e-mailed statement today that steam from an unknown source that was first spotted near the fifth floor of the Fukushima plant’s No. 3 reactor building on July 18 was seen again this morning. [...]
The Australian, July 23, 2013 (h/t RadChick): Fukushima reactor site engulfed by steam [...] Workers at the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan have reported steam inside a battered reactor building for the second time in less than a week. The operator said today steam was seen around the fifth floor of the building housing Reactor No 3 shortly after 9am [...] Steam was spotted in the same area on Thursday [...] with TEPCO saying it did not know for sure what had caused it. [...]
TEPCO Press Release, July 23, 2013: Steam Found Near the Central Part of the Fifth Floor (Equipment Storage Pool Side) of Unit 3 Reactor Building at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (Follow-up Information 9) [...] This is a follow-up report on the statuses of steam found wafting through the air near the central part of the fifth floor (equipment storage pool side) of Unit 3 on July 18. At around 9:05 AM today (July 23), we found steam coming from near the central part of the fifth floor (equipment storage pool side) of Unit 3 by a camera. [...] The steam is continuously wafting through the air as of 10:30 AM. We will continue to monitor the status closely.
Published: July 23rd, 2013 at 4:11 am ET
- Tepco: “Significant density” of Alpha radiation leaking from Unit 3 at Fukushima — Steam seen at reactor building “likely to be leaked” from containment vessel August 14, 2013
- Tepco: Steam may be from gas leaking out of containment vessel at Fukushima Reactor No. 3 July 26, 2013
- Steam coming from Fukushima Unit 3 reactor building — Observed multiple times this week December 28, 2013
- Alarm as steam rises from Fukushima No. 3 reactor — Concern about uncontrolled chain reaction — Contains highly lethal MOX fuel — Tepco: “We don’t believe an emergency situation is breaking out” (VIDEO) July 18, 2013
- Fukushima Unit 3 steaming again, third time in a week — Asahi: High radiation levels detected near where it was observed — Tepco does not know where it’s coming from (PHOTOS) July 24, 2013