Program: If You Love This Planet
Date Aired: Nov. 11, 2011
Description: This week, Dr. Caldicott once again chats with Arnold Gundersen, a nuclear energy consultant with Fairewinds Associates, about the ongoing situation at the damaged Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan. [...]
At ~20:00 in
- The xenon cloud bombards people with external gamma rays which are really powerful x-rays… as they decay, they turn into iodine, cesium.
- Dramatic increase, a measurable statistically meaningful increase in lung cancer in people that were in that cloud [during Three Mile Island]. That shows up about 3-5 years after the accident.
Most, if not all, reports on this subject did not mention that xenon posed a health risk. In fact, it was the opposite:
- “Xenon 133 has a half life of 5.2 days and is relatively harmless, Tetsuo Ito, the head of Kinki University’s Atomic Energy Research Institute, said by phone.” -Bloomberg
- “Xenon itself is harmless as it’s not absorbed by organisms or by the environment, and is dispersed in the atmosphere.” -Nature.com
Download or listen to the program here: http://ifyoulovethisplanet.org/?p=5219
Published: November 14th, 2011 at 5:07 am ET
- Huge spike in US infant mortality in the four months after Chernobyl vs. Is dramatic increase in US baby deaths a result of Fukushima Fallout? (VIDEO) June 15, 2011
- SURFACE forecast shows radioactive Xenon-133 lingering over Florida (VIDEO) March 21, 2011
- Radioactive cesium in ocean from Fukushima reached 50,000 times the levels seen after Chernobyl — “This is why we call it an unprecedented accident” (VIDEO) January 28, 2014
- Gov’t report reveals Fukushima radioactive release much larger than Chernobyl — Japan reactors could have emitted nearly four times as much cesium-137 October 20, 2014
- Die-off of birds all over Alaska beaches, floating in Pacific — “They seem to be starving” — Record-breaking spike in rescues, “such a dramatic increase” — Deformed and abnormal animals reported (PHOTOS & AUDIO) August 8, 2015