Follow-up to: Sinkhole: Assumption Parish called on to evacuate ahead of storm -- Official Website: "More information will follow!!!"
Title: Mandatory evacuation of Assumption Parish issued, curfew, alcohol sale ban
Source: NBC33 | WVLA
Date: Aug 28, 2012 at 12:18p ET
A mandatory evacuation of all of Assumption Parish has been issued. Assumption Parish is expecting sustained winds of 50 – 70 mph with gusts at 85 mph. Tropical storm force winds are expected by 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday and are expected to endure until 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Normal conditions are expected by 7 a.m. on Thursday morning.
Assumption Parish has called for a curfew to go into effect, Tuesday, at midnight, along with a ban on the sale of alcohol. Both curfew and ban on sale of alcohol will be in place until further notice.
DOTD is continually monitoring Highway 70 in the Grand Bayou/Bayou Corne community.
Title: National Hurricane Center upgrades Isaac to hurricane
Source: WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge
Date: Aug 28, 2012 12:29 PM EDT
The National Hurricane Center has announced Isaac is officially classified as a hurricane with maximum sustained winds at 75 mph.
Isaac’s track has shifted to the west, putting Baton Rouge on the east side of the storm, meaning the city will now experience stronger winds and heavier rains.
While the latest official forecast track keeps Isaac to the east of Baton Rouge, there is still reliable guidance that brings the storm near or west of the Capital City. The Storm Team emphasizes that considerable uncertainty remains and all residents of south Louisiana should prepare for potential hurricane conditions.
Published: August 28th, 2012 at 12:49 pm ET
- Sinkhole: Assumption Parish called on to evacuate ahead of storm — Official Website: “More information will follow!!!” August 27, 2012
- Official Sinkhole Website: Eye of Isaac to be over area for “FIVE HOURS” — Hurricane strength winds begin at 3p ET (MAP) August 29, 2012
- Isaac’s storm track shifts toward sinkhole, preparations underway — Could become “extremely dangerous” hurricane (MAP) August 26, 2012
- Latest Forecast: Isaac heading toward sinkhole — Now under Hurricane Warning — Storm to sit over area for days (MAP) August 27, 2012
- ABC: “Evacuation order… for fear of potential radiation” in Louisiana parish — Company Official: Sinkhole ‘could still grow’ August 14, 2012