Michio Kaku: “The Chernobyl core is still melting into the earth” — May yet hit groundwater and create steam explosion (VIDEO)
Michio Kaku: “Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives By the Year 2100″
Feb. 23, 2012
Audio Credit: KPFA’s Flashpoints, May 9, 2012 broadcast
More from Kaku:
At 30:30 in
You know the Chernobyl core is still melting into the earth? It’s still melting into the earth.
It’s a never ending nightmare.
Eventually they’re going to have to put concrete under the melted core to prevent it from hitting groundwater and creating perhaps a steam explosion.
Listen to the broadcast here
- Michio Kaku: 3 meltdowns in Fukushima, but uranium actually totally liquified… 1st time in history — “Reactor actually melted totally” (VIDEO) November 22, 2012
- Goddard’s Journal analysis indicates steam explosion at Reactor No. 3 — NRC discussed steam explosion ejecting entire core (VIDEOS) April 10, 2012
- Kaku: Human civilization may destroy itself, “I mean, look at Fukushima” — Liquefication of 3 nuclear reactor cores… First time any core ever liquefied — It’s still out of control, 3/11 disaster could start all over again (VIDEO) September 29, 2013
- Michio Kaku on Spent Fuel Pool No. 4: People don’t realize it’s on a knife’s edge — Near the tipping point (AUDIO) May 14, 2012
- Fukushima Plant Chief after 3/11: “Reactor 3, probably steam explosion, it just happened!” — NRC Chairman had said a steam explosion could “reject an entire core” (VIDEO) August 9, 2012