Title: Radioactively Hot Show (Re-broadcast with Dr. Michio Kaku)
Source: SOAPBOX #106
Date: December 7, 2012
At 5:00 in
The reactor is still like a ticking time bomb. If you have a secondary earthquake, another pipe break, evacuation of workers, the accident starts up all over again.
At 13:30 in
Realize that we have 5 reactors in various states of degradation in the area. The accident is not over by any means. The accident could start up all over again if there’s a secondary earthquake or another pipe break. In a worst case scenario, if there is a major pipe break or secondary earthquake, they would have to evacuate the workers and because the pumps are not working at the site, it means that you have to manually, manually, insert the water over the reactors and without the workers you would be in free fall. At that point with an evacuation of all the workers, water levels would begin to drop, the reactors would then start to melt again and we would breach containment — that is the release of uncontrolled amounts of radiation in to the environment. And that is a catastrophe beyond comprehension.
Published: December 17th, 2012 at 10:34 am ET
- TV: Officials concerned about 400 ft. tall pipe near Fukushima reactors collapsing during quake — 8 cracks found in support brace — Gov’t orders immediate investigation — Tepco unsure how to access area as radiation levels around it are 10 sieverts per hour (PHOTO & VIDEO) September 18, 2013
- CBS News: U.S. nuclear waste leak a “major emergency problem” — Most dangerous substances known to science — “A ticking time bomb” (VIDEO) February 26, 2013
- “It’s a time bomb and clock’s still ticking” — Ex-Fukushima Worker: I’m scared of collapse at plant, “buildings are in a very bad state” — Gundersen: “Building failures” will occur in future if problems not solved (VIDEOS) October 16, 2013
- Gundersen: Japan is sitting on a ticking time bomb — “We’re all in a situation of having to pray there’s not an earthquake” May 19, 2012
- TV: “Fukushima is potentially the biggest ticking time bomb in human history” — “An enormous problem that’s getting bigger” — Scariest part is what could still happen (VIDEO) November 8, 2013