NHK, Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:39p ET: Fukushima No.4 reactor pool’s cooling fan halts — The operator of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant says a cooling fan for the spent fuel pool at the No. 4 reactor has stopped working. [Tepco] announced on Tuesday that a warning alarm for an electrical problem went off [...] it will switch to the second one and cooling should resume by around 1 PM. [...] a nearby electrical cable may have been damaged in excavation work.
Kyodo News, Feb. 25, 2014: (Translation) Spent fuel cooling system stops at Fukushima No. 4 reactor — Fukushima 4 reactor spent fuel pool cooling stops, the leakage warning sounded in the nuclear power facility.
Tepco, Feb. 25, 2014: (Translation) Cooling systems at Fukushima Unit 4 spent fuel pool now offline [...] around 9:00 am, in road excavation between the Process Main Building and incineration building, hurt the cable [...] no abnormality in the voltage value of the power plant, and has continued the supply of power [...]
Published: February 24th, 2014 at 11:12 pm ET
- Tepco: Frozen water ruptures pipes at Fukushima plant — Cooling system stops at Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 January 29, 2012
- Kyodo: Alarm sounds at MOX reactor in Japan, no “actual leakage” detected — Nuclear fuel loaded inside July 30, 2012
- Dead rodents halt Fukushima cooling system for 3rd time in recent weeks — “Three times is a trend, friends” (PHOTO) April 22, 2013
- Fox News: “Leak at Fukushima nuclear plant threatens dangerous meltdown… Trouble is looming” — Officials: “No idea when it can resume cooling system for spent fuel pool” (PHOTOS) July 7, 2014
- VIDEO: Wreckage crashes into nuclear fuel rods at Fukushima Unit 3 — Officials not reporting if damaged, but “will continue monitoring regularly” — Cooling in pool interrupted September 2, 2014