Power blackout took place in Fukushima plant. The coolant system of the spent fuel pools in reactor1, 3, 4 are stopped.
It has a power failure with the Fukushima 1st nuclear plant. 1, 3 and 4 the spent fuel pool alternative cooling system and the like of the machine stops.
Published: March 18th, 2013 at 9:36 am ET
- AP: Fukushima Daiichi blackout has continued for hours — 3 fuel pools without fresh cooling water March 18, 2013
- Kyodo English: ‘Problem with electric power’ at Fukushima Daiichi — Cooling systems suspended at 3 fuel pools March 18, 2013
- Power still not restored at Fukushima Unit 3 fuel pool and Common Fuel Pool — No fresh cooling water for over a day — Tepco: Extremely sorry it took so long to announce blackout March 19, 2013
- NHK: Another fuel pool loses cooling system at Fukushima Daiichi — CBC: May take days to repair March 18, 2013
- Fukushima Worker: Concrete reinforcement of Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 is terribly deteriorating… now in a “dangerous state” — Cooling system stopped working, men helicoptered in December 11, 2012