Kyodo Feature: Residents complaining of unexplained hair loss, diarrhea, fatigue around Fukushima plant -Retired Doctor
Subscription Only: FEATURE: 95-yr-old retired doctor worried about Fukushima radiation risks
By Megumi Iizuka
July 5, 2012
A 95-year-old retired doctor is continuing to warn of possible health dangers to residents near the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant after some of them developed symptoms similar to those seen among atomic-bomb survivors he had treated for decades.
[Shuntaro] Hida said he has already received calls from residents around the Fukushima plant complaining of unexplained fatigue and diarrhea as well as hair loss, symptoms he suspects were exhibited as a result of internal exposure to radiation.
- Yesterday: Japan doctor warns of post-Fukushima fatigue disease — Today’s Headline: Fatigue proving fatal for evacuees July 12, 2012
- Japan Doctor: So enraged by response of gov’t — Fukushima children’s rashes, nosebleeds, diarrhea, fatigue blamed on radiation-phobia mothers April 29, 2013
- Japanese Doctor’s Fukushima Warning: I am worried because I received calls complaining of health problems much earlier than expected July 12, 2012
- Well-known journalist sickened — Had toured Fukushima plant Monday — Severe diarrhea, sudden fever, can’t stop shivering February 25, 2012
- Japanese Doctor: Children’s health problems increasing — Incurable stomatitis, chest pain, nosebleeds that don’t stop, diarrhea April 18, 2012