Mr. Zun from National Institute of Radiological Sciences measured Plutonium 241 [...]
It was in the dead leaves of Namiemachi [26km] and Iidatemura [32km] taken in April and May, and the soil from J-village.
Plutonium 239 (half life time 24,000 years) and plutonium 240 (6,600 years) were also measured.
- Dead leaves of Namiemachi : 34.8 Bq/Kg
- Dead leaves of Iidatemura : 20.2 Bq/Kg
- J-village : 4.52 Bq/Kg
Read the report here
Published: March 8th, 2012 at 12:04 pm ET
- “Deplorable”: Plutonium detected at 5 locations — “Unknown which reactor plutonium came from” March 28, 2011
- Kyodo: Gov’t says plutonium appears to be from meltdowns — Found at 6 locations — 45 km from plant in Iitate September 30, 2011
- Group with SAM 940 isotope identifier detected high levels of Plutonium-239 near Iwaki a month after quake — 50km south of Fukushima Daiichi — Found at multiple locations (MAP & VIDEO) March 22, 2012
- Gov’t: Highest plutonium concentration found almost 20km away from Fukushima plant March 14, 2012
- First Time: Gov’t admits Plutonium-238 detected in locations far from Fukushima plant September 30, 2011