Title: Fukushima nuclear power plant suffers outage, fuel pool cooling stops
Date: March 19, 2013
Tokyo Electric Power Co. said a power failure occurred at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station just before 7 p.m. Monday, leading to the suspension of systems to cool spent fuel pools of the No. 1, 3 and 4 reactor units.
[...] No major changes have been observed in radioactivity levels detected by nearby monitoring posts.
As of 1:45 a.m., TEPCO has not been able to work out steps to ensure bringing the system back online. [...]
UPDATE: Kyodo at 6:41p ET: Fukushima Daiichi power failure still underway -- Residents anxious, Tepco remains unable to fix problem
Published: March 18th, 2013 at 3:59 pm ET
- Tepco: Animal caused extended power outage at Fukushima Daiichi — Nearly a foot long (PHOTO) March 25, 2013
- Fairewinds: Radiation release during massive power failure at Fukushima Daiichi — 24-hour outage is unconscionable, shows plant unstable March 20, 2013
- Kyodo at 6:41p ET: Fukushima Daiichi power failure still underway — Residents anxious, Tepco remains unable to fix problem March 18, 2013
- Kyodo English: ‘Problem with electric power’ at Fukushima Daiichi — Cooling systems suspended at 3 fuel pools March 18, 2013
- TV: Nuclear waste spilling into Pacific Ocean after power outage hits Fukushima plant — Radiation Expert: Site is so radioactive and unstable “it may never be contained” April 21, 2015