Unit 3 MOX likely melted through, Kyodo, August 9, 2011:
MOX fuel [...] is believed to have breached the vessel after melting again, a study said Monday.
The study [...] said most of reactor 3′s mixed uranium-plutonium oxide fuel may have dribbled into the containment vessel underneath [...]
Tanabe [...] says the fuel at the bottom overheated and melted again over a four-day period.
Published: August 9th, 2011 at 5:11 am ET
- “Most” of the fuel at Reactor No. 3 may have breached vessel after melting down twice August 8, 2011
- Melted fuel in Reactor No. 3 appears to have burned through pressure vessel — Loaded with rods containing plutonium May 18, 2011
- Japan nuke expert: I presume melted fuel reacted violently with cement at Reactor No. 3, releasing large amounts of radioactive materials outside — TEPCO responds August 9, 2011
- NHK: “This is a very severe accident” — Nuclear fuel at Reactor No. 1 may have melted through 65 cm of concrete… Only 37 cm at thinnest point (PHOTOS) November 30, 2011
- Japan nuclear expert: Massive “re-melting” occurred at Reactor No. 3 (DIAGRAM) August 8, 2011