Title: Interview of Hiroaki Koide
Source: Tanemaki Journal
Date: Feb 8, 2012
[...] Probably the fuel is as melted as mud. It’s attached to everywhere in the vessel, and the place that the mud is attached gets heated. If they increase the water amount, the mud may move and the new place may get heated again.
So some place may get cool but other place may get extremely hot. So other places where no heat gauge is near may be over 100°C.
Even robot can’t get into the vessel. We can not see inside of the vessel for longer than several decades.
Other recent news concerning Reactor No. 2
- TV: Experts conclude no nuclear fuel left inside Fukushima reactor -- Total meltdown "highly likely" -- Conducting more tests to determine how far down corium has penetrated (PHOTOS & VIDEO) (900) September 26, 2015
- Documentary: Photo captures moment containment vessel destroyed at Fukushima -- Workers: White steam is coming out of reactor! Radiation spiking in central Tokyo! -- US Nuclear Official: “Fukushima was nuclear power’s finest hour... everything worked as engineered” (VIDEO) (898) October 3, 2014
- Top-Secret Fukushima Interview: All the melted nuclear fuel will escape from containment vessel ... it's completely exposed -- Nuclear annihilation of entire eastern part of Japan envisioned (262) September 12, 2014
- Japan TV: Injecting water into Fukushima reactor accelerated meltdown -- Nuclear fuel rods had "reaction generating large amounts of heat" -- 'Restricted' Data: Monitoring post measured nearly 1,000,000 microSv/hr; Within hours radiation dose spiked 30,000% far away from plant (VIDEO) (182) August 13, 2014
- Japan TV 'News Flash': Officials fear melted reactor fuel is now exposed at Fukushima -- Tepco: We don't know at this point if fuel is uncovered -- Large drop in water level -- Experts 'struggling' to find condition of nuclear cores, nothing is known for all 3 reactors (VIDEO) (127) June 10, 2014
- CNN: "Problem from hell at Fukushima" -- Tons of 'highly radioactive' liquid pouring out of Reactor 2 each day -- Mysterious explosive bang "deep inside" -- 3 areas at bottom may be ruptured -- Caroline Kennedy at Plant: US will help with the leaks; 21 y/o son also on Tepco's 3 hour tour (VIDEO) (363) May 14, 2014
- Nuclear Engineer: Estimated 276 quadrillion Bq of Cs-137 entered Fukushima basements -- Triple Chernobyl total release -- A portion "has already made its way to aquifer, whence it can easily flow into sea" (62) August 26, 2013
- Kyodo News: Extremely contaminated water is seeping into Pacific Ocean from trench under Fukushima Reactor No. 2 turbine building -- Tepco: We believe it's staying within the pit (121) July 27, 2013
- WSJ: Extreme contamination found in trench at Fukushima plant -- Cesium over 2 billion Bq/liter; Millions of times above limit (22) July 27, 2013
- WSJ: Soaring radioactivity levels on coast of Fukushima plant -- Nuclear material may have leeched from melted fuel cores and into environment (30) July 8, 2013
Published: February 8th, 2012 at 6:44 am ET