Published: July 16th, 2012 at 10:10 am ET

Futaba Mayor’s testimony of Fukushima Daiichi at the Diet
Published on Jul 15, 2012
Published by Ato Munch

[...] Senator Masako Mori severely questioned to Prime Minister Noda about Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant’s accident.

At ~10:45 in

Masako Mori

Masako Mori, Member of the House of Councillors in the Diet (national legislature): He said without reconstruction of Fukushima we cannot reconstruct Japan. But he lied.

Prime Minister Noda made people happy once then made guilt in Fukushima.

He let people die in Fukushima. I think he cannot reconstruct.

I want him to resign immediately. I finish questioning.

Masako Mori: Member of the House of Councillors in the Diet (national legislature). She was elected to the House of Councillors for the first time in 2007 after running unsuccessfully for governor of Fukushima Prefecture in 2006.

Published: July 16th, 2012 at 10:10 am ET

1. Former Prime Minister: Half the people in Japan were close to being evacuated after start of Fukushima crisis (VIDEO) March 11, 2013
  2. Japan Deputy Prime Minister talks about “learning from the Nazis” — Previously said to let elderly people “hurry up and die” (VIDEO) August 2, 2013
  3. “Awe-Inspiring”: Latest footage from inside massive protests at Prime Minister’s residence — Battle between people of Japan and their gov’t “just seems to intensify more and more” (VIDEOS) June 23, 2012
  4. Former Prime Minister Kan: Evacuation after Fukushima could have reached 50 million people January 26, 2013
  5. We were told Fukushima reactors could blow up within 300 km -Prime Minister Kan’s secretary (VIDEO) July 12, 2012

36 comments to Lawmaker questions Japan Prime Minister: He let people die in Fukushima — I want him to resign immediately (VIDEO)

• Sickputer

Time to say goodbye Mr. Prime Minister. You crossed the line with your people by allowing the restart of a nuclear plant. Wake up and smell the dead roses. The vast majority of the public does not want the slightest chance of another meltdown. They have plenty to deal with already.

• Whoopie Whoopie

I'm in tears! Omg! Man says: "If we would have been told the truth, we could have changed direction to escape" damn them, tepco noda!
    HANG THEM!!

• weeman

I want to see PM charged with the crimes he has committed not resign,
    A PM job first and foremost is to protect and inform his people and hear what they say and inact their will.
    If not were does that put democracy or is it a farce, makes you wonder.

Atom smashers are dead, long live alternative sources of power.
    We the people will prevail we are the moral majority.

• TheBigPicture TheBigPicture

Fortunately, the people are taking control, and won't let this go away.

• kintaman kintaman

Resign? ARREST this man and his cronies. ALL OF THEM.

• GeoHarvey

Hitler was at least honest. He admitted openly that he was full of hatred and wanted to destroy entire groups of people. He admitted openly that he believed democracy was inherently evil and wanted to destroy it. He admitted openly that his intent was to steal land from the Poles and Russians and give it to the people of his own choosing. He was nearly entirely evil. But at least he was honest.

What can be said for the people in Tokyo who allow innocent people to die or suffer for the sake of their own power or profit, and lie about it? Well, by comparison, Hitler was honest.

I agree with Gorbachev, who wanted an environmental court for the UN. While I do not support the death penalty, I could support a prison on a beach somewhere on the coast of Fukushima. Sometimes, I am angry enough that I am embarrassed by my own thoughts.

• AFTERSHOCK AFTERSHOCK

@GeoHarvey: you think Hitler is the personification of that which is the worst of humanity? You need to go further east and look into the devastation left behind by the Stalinist. But why stop there? Keep going until you stub your toe on the Great Wall of China. The Great Leader did his best to annihilate anything that challenged the divinity of the party.

The thing that bothers me most about your post is not just the tired association of Hitler to crimes-against-humanity, but that it 'hints' at an opportunistic agenda. Try looking into how many civilians have been murdered – since – WWII and you may understand why national socialist aren't the only representatives of a political ideology that deserves such denigrating attention…

• GeoHarvey

Aftershock, I agree with you. It's just that most people resonate to the name of Hitler better than the other names. And also, Hitler left his well-known manifesto, which did not make excuses, aside from appeals to purely emotional idealism used as a cover for destructive motives.

I will enter a guilty plea on being trite and using hackneyed references. And if that implies being opportunistic, then I suppose I will have to enter a guilty plea on that, also.

I am registering shock and outrage that the politicians and business leaders are so unwilling to take responsibility and so willing to continue their relentless pursuit of what they consider valuable. The fact that this is done for the sake of profit is a coincidence. If it happened in North Korea, I would be using slightly different language, and complaining in much the same terms. Any "-ism" that puts itself ahead of human life, safety, freedom, and happiness is subject to reproach.

• AFTERSHOCK AFTERSHOCK

@GeoHarvey: I'm impressed by your range and honesty. In no way do I want to offend your good persons, either.

My main concern is that we all understand how the likes of Hitler were used to hide the ongoing crimes that have ensued since the end of that particular era. As you're doubtless aware, fascism is alive in well throughout our world today. We call it globalism and not unlike the previous cabal of criminals, it loves a nice suit and fine wine…

Thank you and keep up the good fight!

• doctorwhowhatwhere doctorwhowhatwhere

It's Godwin's Law in action.

• pierre

commenting without reading the follow up comments below …

hitler (the germans) was more honest than the japanese
      the japanese are more honest than the americans
      the the americans are more honest than their real masters (who happen to have a country they got from Hitlers ill deeds, funny that)

maybe the Japanese should go for 50% female quotas in parliament, an encouraging video post.

• GeoHarvey

(Clearly, by "People in Tokyo" I am referring to those in government and business who do these things, and not the innocent people who live there.)

• flatsville

Masako Mori I admire your courage.

• aigeezer aigeezer

The WSJ paints a picture of major dissention within the Japanese government that has little to do with nuke issues. Of course, the WSJ presumably has its own agenda.

I assume none of this is a simple "good guy vs. bad guy" scenario. Regardless of who is doing what to whom, it is useful to remember that Noda was not the PM in March 2011.

Will "they" shut down the industry or not? Time will tell.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

With the transfer from Kan to Noda..Noda has had every opportunity to tell the truth to the people of Japan..
    To date..Noda is still lying about and concealing information about the situation of Fukushima Npp.
    He is an accomplice to genocide..a mass murderer.
    He is a coward and traitor to the people of Japan.
    He should pay with his life.

• Max1 Max1

Of course it's never collusion between the government, regulators and operators even when a new PM collides to hide information from the people of Japan just how dangerous nuclear is and will continue to be…
      … NO?

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

PS..Yes..he will let people die.

• arclight arclight

In the Grey Zone (NEW TRAILER) グレー・ゾーンの中

Published on Jul 15, 2012 by DocumentingIan
    In the Grey Zone
    グレー・ゾーンの中
    (2012, Japan, 89 minutes)

WORLD PREMIER in competition at Flickers RIFF (USA) from August 7-12, 2012.

Also screening at the Global Peace Film Festival (USA) from September 18-23, 2012.

STORY: The children of Minamisoma City, Japan are living amid high levels of radiation and toxic rain after the meltdown at the Fukushima nuclear power plant following the March 11 earthquake and tsunami. Will the children be evacuated as some experts advise, or will they stay where they are inside the 30 km zone and head back to school as the government has ordered?

• gotnuttin2lose

The PM post in Japan has been a revolving door for most of the two decades that I taught English to the general public there. In their chaotic parlimentary govt., the PM is often chosen by everybody else taking a step back. Which often leads to an unqualified to be pulled off the bench and suddenly thrown into the game. Most Japanese do not expect too much from such a puppet. They no all too well that the "plutocrazy" controls everything any ways. And the Military Industrial Complex always puts the "fox in charge of the henhouse".

• dharmasyd dharmasyd

Noda's treatment of Mori is amazing. He has a totally misogynist attitude toward her, as if she were a bug or an insect annoying him. He obviously believes she should get back to the proper place for women and be silent. I'm so glad the people applauding her did not feel the same way, but recognized her value.
    Next question: How do we get these typical close-minded misongynists out of governments?

• nedlifromvermont

Ho to gotnuttin2lose !!!

That about sums it up, No? Know?

It's not even Nu anymore … it's old …

… we should be calling it Oldclear.

No? … Know?

peace …

• pierre

double doh!!
    "oldclear peacefair"

• gotnuttin2lose

You attack my grammatical errors? This is not a pendactic anal retentive grammer lesson site. I thought we were on the same team. If I used etceterazation all the time like a Valley Girl, I might have done better Sister Mary Elephant.

• gotnuttin2lose

Didn't know there would be such noh drama queens conducting a spelling B. I will stay off this site until I sober up and stop pissing you off. Which may be forever. Noh tears shed from your side I'm sure.

• richard richard

yes gotnuttin2lose – blogging under the influence can be hazardous, there is a permanent record ;) but really, I don't think anyone was having a deliberate attack at your spelling.

There are many cultures and skills sets on this website, mis- communication can happen. Spelling mistakes are a common problem for us all.

• pierre

yes, I suppose this is an opportune time to confess that I wasnt sober when I posted all my mistakes above. I told myself to get off the net before I reallly did some damage, like Homer 'Doh' Simpson, the friendly nuke power employee.

re; who started enenews. I cant find this out.
    'about' doesnt say,
    "
    About
    ENENews is an online service dedicated to covering the latest energy-related developments. Established shortly after the Fukushima Daiichi disaster in March 2011, ENENews has grown rapidly to serve approximately 2,000,000 pageviews per month — ….

and this page might have a previous 'about' decleration

"About the creator of the site
    Enenews.com is dedicated to providing the latest information pertaining to the Fukushima nuclear crisis.
    I’m not an anti-nuclear activist. In fact I never thought much about nuclear power before, even though I live near two nuclear plants. I’m not a lawyer trying to sue, nor am I affiliated with anyone involved with nuclear power. I’m a guy who thought the coverage of Fukushima and its consequences was not being given the attention it deserved, so I started a website with my own time….

given AG's ubiquitous promotion of his credentials I'd say that rules him out, IF that was from here. would be nice for a mod to clarify.