Watch the latest from WAFB on the sinkhole here
Title: Fears of methane explosion rise in sinkhole-ravaged La. town
Source: Stuart H. Smith, Esq.
Date: Oct. 8, 2012
Local officials have told the Advocate they’re very concerned that the odorless and colorless gas is accumulating to the point where it could burst through the ground with explosive force [...]
This alarming news comes amid news reports that tremors are now being felt in a wide area across the bayou. This happened late last week, roughly 45 miles from Bayou Corne [...]
This is an incredibly dangerous situation in the Louisiana bayou. [...]
In Bayou Corne, workers began this weekend drilling three vent wells. [...] Let’s pray that the efforts to reduce the pressure are not too little — or too late.
Published: October 8th, 2012 at 1:07 pm ET
- People need to know if radioactive waste is coming up from the ground in area of giant sinkhole -Legal Expert November 27, 2012
- Officials concerned pressure may build to “explosive concentrations” in aquifer near giant sinkhole — Geologists say top layer may not hold back gas if above 75 psi — New footage of area (VIDEO) October 8, 2012
- Expert: Rain, water may enter sinkhole and dissolve salt from above (VIDEO) August 29, 2012
- Situation heating up at giant sinkhole: Local news airs exposé on Governor — Reporter: “I think they were just trying to shut me up” — As Erin Brockovich brings spotlight (VIDEO) March 7, 2013
- Watch: Officials call in Louisiana State Police to giant sinkhole — Company kept dangerous gas a secret for 24 hours — People smelled hydrogen sulfide at their homes thinking it was rotten eggs (VIDEO) November 22, 2012