We are pretending not to see the 1,000,000 Bq on the soil.
We can’t eat the food we grow here, but we are forced to live here.
They don’t do the work of decontamination although the city measured 1,000,000 Bq to 5,000,000 Bq inside the urban district.
Sakurai, the mayor of Minamisoma refused the evacuation instructions inside the 30km zone.
Sakurai also let the children live inside the emergency evacuation preparation zone.
Published: June 3rd, 2012 at 12:25 pm ET
- “So Terrifying”: Radioactive materials from Fukushima Daiichi won’t be recovered — They are just going to be taken into our bodies — I feel deep regret -Local Official June 11, 2012
- 10,000,000 Bq/kg of cesium detected in Minamisoma soil sample -Local Official May 16, 2012
- Source: “Real” mystery black substance NOT yet measured — Possibly 20,000,000 Bq/kg of cesium — Many times more radioactive than local official’s sample — “It is too dangerous and must be analyzed by public institutions” (PHOTOS) April 29, 2012
- Interview: I fear radiation and so does everyone in my community — Decontamination has gone nowhere after a year (VIDEO) July 4, 2012
- Alpha radiation detected near Japan’s west coast in Niigata, Yamagata — Local official suspects levels too high to be from Fukushima Daiichi (VIDEO) May 9, 2012