Local Official: Pharmacist says prescription drug use, high blood pressure on the rise after Fukushima disaster — “No wonder; We are exposed to high level of radiation every second”
July 3, 2012 post by Koichi Oyama, Minamisoma city council member, translated by Dissensus Japan:
According to my pharmacist, the number of the people suffering from high blood pressure and the number of the people who take a prescribed drugs have increased (since the accident).
There is no wonder.
We are exposed to high level of radiation every second.
Follow Dissensus Japan on Twitter here
- Headline: “Rising doubts about Japan’s official radiation figures” — Large cities still exposed to high levels of radioactivity from Fukushima plant February 27, 2013
- Jiji: Cover-up of true radiation levels Fukushima residents were exposed to? WHO accused of underestimating disaster’s impact on human health December 15, 2012
- Report: 12 million yen “to censor Twitter” being spent by city starting to burn disaster debris September 18, 2012
- Study: Cesium-137 immediately damages the heart muscle — Not slow-acting July 11, 2012
- Local Japanese Official: “This is the worst nation in history” — It’s equal to the war, when I think of medical cost and sharing of social burdens from radiation exposure July 17, 2012