Published: July 9th, 2011 at 10:58 pm ET

LANL Closes Trails On Lab Property To Public, KOAT, July 9, 2011:

[...] According to [Chris Cantwell, the lab's associate director for environment, safety, health and quality] only one acre burned on lab property, but two major canyons above the lab suffered damage.

Cantwell said lab crews had also begun installing additional storm water controls and monitoring systems in canyon bottoms where trace Cold War-era contamination may be present. The controls were aimed at slowing the ability of sediments to move down canyon.

Published: July 9th, 2011 at 10:58 pm ET

1. Los Alamos lab begins removing radioactive soil from canyons to prevent contamination from spreading after fire July 12, 2011
  2. 5:24 pm ET: Fire has crossed onto Los Alamos lab property at Technical Area 49 June 27, 2011
  3. Fire breaks out at Los Alamos Technical Area 53 — Squirrel blamed July 2, 2011
  4. Fire near Los Alamos grows to 90,000 acres — Exactly where they have 3% of the fire contained is “unclear” June 30, 2011
  5. AP: Wildfire pushes into canyon that descends into Los Alamos June 30, 2011

29 comments to Los Alamos lab trying to prevent ‘Cold War-era contamination’ from coming closer as 2 major canyons above lab suffered fire damage

• The areas above the lab are precisely where they’ve found excessive levels of contamination in the past (2007?).

I’ve posted on this previously, here.

• theypoisonus

I hear you.

They didn’t do it before, but after the fact. Typical of our efficient govt.

Instead of don’t fix it untill it’s broken, don’t fix it untill you get caught.

• chemfood chemfood

Comprehensive Los Alamos nuke links here… http://realitycheck.no-ip.info/nnn.html

Grateful thanks to ene regulars for understanding the post of rcnnn to every article. The goal is to circumvent the msm nuke news blackout and inform as many folks as possible. Linking through ene is very effecient for nuke newcomers and admin is aware of this intention. Again, many many thanks to all of you!

• M7.3 earthquake jolts northeastern Japan
    TOKYO, July 10, Kyodo

Areas in northeastern Japan hard hit by the March 11 mega earthquake and ensuing tsunami were jolted again Sunday morning by a strong earthquake with a magnitude of 7.3, the Japan Meteorological Agency said.

• VanneV anne

Colorado has a reading of 67 tonight on

• ZombiePlanet ZombiePlanet

Films of the ‘50’s present school drills with children, hiding under their desks, during atomic bomb attacks.

I find now that I keep a log, a journal of sorts, tracking events, places and intensity of incident .

Sort of like watching more earthquakes occur over time, but with increased frequency.

This could imply a pattern is evolving.

Just a thought.

• VanneV anne

I participated in those drills. We thought we die any minute. We have to put our arm over the back of our necks to protect us.

That’s why our generation finds it difficult to believe that this is an ELE. And we still think we can change minds and stop the proliferation.

On the other hand, we are very realistic and look to any and all solutions from decommissioning all existing plants, stopping any shipments of nuclear waste (two to four thousand train derailments in the US along every year), to eating and taking supplements that will help prolong life.

Happiness comes from helping others, not taking lithium. Such a crass suggestion. Drugging just hastens death and destroys the immune system.

• VanneV anne

CORRECTION: we would die. We had …
        …in the US alone

• westcoastgirl westcoastgirl

If you are referring to my comment, I hope you realize I was being completely sarcastic…

• gerryhiles

Hey anne, I am of your generation too.

I was in a fire brigade during the Cold War and on 24/7 alert to nuclear attack by the USSR.

Fortunately I knew that the Soviet Union was never going to go on the offensive (only Washington/the US does that) so I did not become paranoid, but a lot of others did and many are now on drugs.

I hope that this comment helps you, just as your comment helped me to get through the dire straits we are in now, i.e. both nuclear and economic melt-downs.

• Mark Mark

Hey Anne, I’m 50 yrs old and I was on the tail end of the cold war threat they showed us movie of Hiroshima nuclear bomb crisis when I was in Grade 7 and I remember how scared we all were in the back of our minds thinking what if we went to war and WW3 would last 15 sec or something like that and now OMG curve ball peaceful power reactor gonna create or most likely all ready has created fallout not bomb but stupid accident from stupid we want more money crowd. What am I going to tell my 1 and 2 year old children? What can I tell them now? They all happy life stretching out in front of them has it already been robbed? Oh yeah back to the thread. I all ready posted, 1940, Los Alomos location, location, in the wilderness we can f*ck around with this Sh*t all we want fast forward to back in the 70′s wilderness turned into wilderness PARK. Now big fire, weather patterns changing not like it was in the 40′s new millenium. Nuclear cowboys mistakes going up in smoke. Our friends the Gov. want to say nothing and I ask you my American friends, Why did you think a Black pres would act any different?

• Regardless of who we send in there, I suspect they show ‘em the Zapruder tape first thing. “Any questions?” Shadow governments don’t like complex relationships.

• Mark Mark

Miss Risabee what is Zapruder tape? But I get your drift, good answer

• ZombiePlanet ZombiePlanet

I also garden,

with a hat.

Keeps the head cool.

Sometimes gardening induces subtle intent.

• milk and cheese milk and cheese

The Zapruder ‘film’ has been corroborated by six other films taken at the same time. If you see a ‘tape’ of course it is fake, since there was no home videotape then.

I am in my early fifties and can actually remember the Cuban Missile Crisis, which happened just after my fifth birthday. None of the children in my grade school expected to live until our fifties.

• milk and cheese milk and cheese

We may have been right.

• radegan

What I remember is being given a piece of paper for my parents to sign that basically said, “Do you want little Johnny to die here at school or try and run home in the event of an attack?”

• NoPrevarication NoPrevarication

I was the only student at university who believed I would live long enough to take our finals for the semester. I kept on studying… fortunately.

I recall hearing the sound of many trucks rolling through town. I got up around midnight to see what was causing all the noise. They were all military vehicles, moving at night toward Miami… It was pretty scary. They were still rolling through an hour later when I fell asleep.

• Mark Mark

Nobodies going in there to change anything and they know it

• Mark Mark

Oh never mind just googled it you are a smart woman, Lady. Love and God Bless to you and every one else. Good Night

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Mysterious..long burning fires in the canyons.