Title: Update: Bayou Corne Sinkhole/Community Tour By Local Resident~
Date Published: Dec 4, 2012
At 2:30 in
Back there’s the subdivision with 27, I think, houses in it. Almost 100 percent of the people, I know of 3 homes that have evacuated. The rest of the people did choose to stay.
At 3:50 in
[Closer to sinkhole] All these people stayed.
*Update from Resident: “In my video, I pointed out one subdivision (27 homes) behind the command center and a few homes on the highway, and made the comment that only 3 homes that I knew of, had evacuated. I was referring only to that particular area of the community, NOT the entire community, which consists of over 150 homes, and of which approx 75% have evacuated.” See aerial view pic http://www.flickr.com/photos/assumptionoep/8135804376/in/photostream.The goal of my statement was to debunk a statement made that it is a “ghost town”, and thus IMO, leave homes vulnerable to invasion (Click here to read more)”
Published: December 4th, 2012 at 11:24 am ET
- Officials: Giant Louisiana sinkhole now 1,000 feet across — New flyover footage released (VIDEO) June 19, 2013
- Official mentions possibility of “another major opening” related to Louisiana sinkhole — Wants monitoring system to give people warning (VIDEO) November 15, 2012
- Flyover footage shows new area nearby giant sinkhole saturated with water (VIDEO) October 4, 2012
- New flyover footage shows grass road is dissolving into giant Louisiana sinkhole (VIDEO) October 2, 2012
- Watch: Officials call in Louisiana State Police to giant sinkhole — Company kept dangerous gas a secret for 24 hours — People smelled hydrogen sulfide at their homes thinking it was rotten eggs (VIDEO) November 22, 2012