Title: M6.7 earthquake rocks Torishima
Date: Apr 22, 2013
A 6.7-magnitude earthquake struck the southern fringes of the Izu Island chain off Honshu on Sunday [...]
[...] a depth of about 450 km. [...]
Later in the day, a 4.2-magnitude earthquake struck Fukushima Prefecture at 7:27 p.m., the agency said.
The quake registered 4 on the Japanese seismic intensity scale of 7 in the city of Aizuwakamatsu and the village of Konan in Koriyama, Fukushima Prefecture.
See also: Intense jolt hits Northeast Japan -- Series of quakes near Tokyo -- Country has 18 quakes M4.0 and over today
Published: April 21st, 2013 at 11:33 am ET
- UPI: Quake rocks northeast Japan — Intensity 5- out of 7 on seismic scale — Mainichi: M5.4 quake jolts eastern Japan — Near Fukushima border, buildings rocked in Tokyo (MAP) December 30, 2013
- Powerful quake rocks Japan, 6- out of 7 on intensity scale — Officials warn of strong aftershocks, around 50 so far — Helicopters find “more extensive damage than earlier thought” — Major roads collapsed, buildings flattened — Witnesses: “Strongest ever felt… Shaking was enormous” (VIDEOS) November 23, 2014
- M5 jolts Fukushima — Day after powerful Intensity 6- quake hit Japan — No confirmed damage so far at nuclear plant April 14, 2013
- AFP: Quake rocks Fukushima, shaking felt in Tokyo — WSJ: Strong quake with a magnitude 5.8 struck prefecture Friday September 19, 2013
- AP: 7.3-magnitude quake rocks Japan — Fukushima tsunami warning triggered — Tepco orders workers near coast to move to higher ground October 25, 2013