Title: Earthquake Occurred on May 18, 2013 (Fukushima Daiichi and Daini Nuclear Power Stations) (Follow-up Information No.2)
Source: Tepco Press Release
Date: May 20, 2013
h/t Anonymous tip
This is a follow-up report on the statuses of Fukushima Daiichi and Daini Nuclear Power Stations after the earthquake occurred in the offshore of Fukushima Prefecture (M5.9) at around 2:48 PM on May 18.
At around 4:10 PM in Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, a TEPCO employee found water dropping from an overflow pipe of Units 5-6 RO treated water tank (D7 tank) where the leakage was found yesterday on the site patrol after the earthquake. [...]
Regarding the treated water dropping from an overflow pipe of Units 5-6 RO treated water tank, the leakage area is estimated to be about 2 m x about 2 m and the leakage amount is estimated to be about 4 liters. [...]
The water dropping is assumed to be caused by the earthquake occurred at around 2:48 PM today since the treated water tank was at full capacity from yesterday. [...]
See also: Strong M6 quake hits near Fukushima nuclear plant -- Intensity 5+ on JMA scale -- Officials: "No reports of damage so far"
Published: May 21st, 2013 at 2:20 pm ET
- Gundersen: Fukushima Daiichi “far from stable” — Water pooling at site could allow units to ’tilt’ during quake — Cooling of melted fuel that’s in buildings is going to be jeopardized — We’d be back to 3/11 again — Pray there’s no quake, that’s critical (AUDIO) September 26, 2013
- Former Tepco Engineer: Fukushima meltdown was ignited by quake, not tsunami; Serious damage caused reactor to lose coolant — Lies will likely be exposed before long — Expert: “I think all units sustained damage from quake” (AUDIO) November 17, 2013
- Tepco has emergency press conference about new highly radioactive leak at Fukushima Daiichi April 5, 2013
- TV: Officials concerned about 400 ft. tall pipe near Fukushima reactors collapsing during quake — 8 cracks found in support brace — Gov’t orders immediate investigation — Tepco unsure how to access area as radiation levels around it are 10 sieverts per hour (PHOTO & VIDEO) September 18, 2013
- Reuters: Another contaminated water leak at Fukushima Daiichi — Nuclear plant in “precarious state” June 5, 2013