Published: December 12th, 2014 at 10:17 am ET

Guy Crittenden, editor of HazMat Management magazine and Solid Waste & Recycling magazine (Part of the EcoLog Environmental Resources Group, “Canada’s leading publisher of print and electronic environmental, occupational health and safety, workers’ compensation news, legislation and compliance solutions – Subscribers include environmental health and safety managers, engineers, executives and lawyers in all industry sectors and government”), Dec 11, 2014 (emphasis added):

• [After a quarter-century, this is] my last article written as Editor of HazMat Management magazine [and] Solid Waste & Recycling magazine
  • Instead of a long article about what transpired in 2014 and what may be ahead, I’m going to offer readers three items… that have made a deep impression on me recently; these are “must watch” items for anyone interested in helping our species avoid peril from environmental degradation
  • The deteriorating status of things at the destroyed nuclear plant at Fukushima, Japan… you have an obligation, really, to be aware of conditions there
  • [There is a] very real and present threat from the… highly radioactive… destroyed cores of the reactors, as well as things like the storage of contaminated water in hastily-built, rusting containers
  • This is serious stuff… an actual meltdown of the reactors — real China Syndrome stuff — as had been assumed would never likely happen in a modern reactor
  • The situation is exponentially more dire than Chernobyl
  • [Workers must] remove the rods for safe containment without having them contact one another and trigger a fire, the consequences of which would be unimaginable — We’re talking mass extinction around the world, especially in the northern hemisphere
  • Most people have forgotten the situation and think of it only as a local Japanese problem
  • It’s only a matter of time before another earthquake or tidal wave triggers such an event

Kevin Kamps, nuclear waste watchdog for Beyond Nuclear, Nuclear Hotseat, Dec 9, 2014 (at 37:00 in):  “If the meltdown is bad enough, that’s going to burn its way right through the foundations of the containmentlike we’ve seen at Fukushima Daiichi.”

Stream the full interview here

Published: December 12th, 2014 at 10:17 am ET

1. NHK Documentary: Recently deteriorating working conditions at Fukushima plant causing workers to quit — Company hasn’t been able to recruit a single employee (VIDEO) November 13, 2012
  2. CNN airs troubling images of ill California sea lions — “Like walking skeletons” — Unprecedented crisis, exponentially higher numbers — 700 rescued recently (VIDEO) March 23, 2013
  3. Gov’t Report: Over 1,750 navy sailors suffer from ‘ill-defined conditions’ after exposure to Fukushima radiation while aboard USS Reagan — ‘Significant increases’ in male infertility and child birth complications — Dozens have thyroid disorders, many spontaneous abortions — Veteran: ‘Extreme measures’ used to cover this up (AUDIO) August 3, 2014
  4. Conservative Radio Host: Fukushima could be going on for centuries — Nobody knows how deep fuel went after melting — It’s sad people not paying attention, busy watching TV and football — Interviews Arnie Gundersen (AUDIO) November 21, 2013
  5. CNN: The Pacific has seen its fair share of weird recently — Bay in California “now a massive soup bowl” — “Miles of anchovies, mountains deep” — It’s like none ever recorded… Old timers have never seen anything like this — “We may be experiencing ‘global weirding’” (VIDEO) December 12, 2013

780 comments to Magazine Editor’s Final Words: Fukushima exponentially more dire than Chernobyl — Deteriorating plant threatens mass extinction around world — It’s made a deep impression on me recently — You have an obligation to be aware of conditions there (AUDIO)

• curly

Ooooooh Boy! An editor of a prestigious magazine finally comes clean in his last moments as editor of a magazine that probably did everything to cover up this insnity. Add that to your volumes of facts and figures so they can be used to counter attacking trolls and convincing braindead masses. I was in the fifth grade at South Elementry School in Hermosa Beach, California during the Cuban Missle Crisis. We were instructed to assume the the best position to be sodomized (duck and cover) and then sent home to die with our families. What more education did the masses need about the insanity of world leaders and their nuclear toys. Instead of a mass awakening, the masses continued to patrioticly assume the position. No surprize there, the masses have never in all recorded history stopped their criminal leaders except to install new criminal leaders. First the system we live in needs to be overturned, with or without the masses. Second, the masses need to be told what to do and think by a new leadership that doesn't make decisions based on profits. Damn I'm really becoming a nazi!!!

• curly

Drive around, drive around,
    To march in the streets we are not bound.
    A new tactic has been found,
    So drive around and shut it down.

How many gallons leaked today?
    Daughter isotopes in slow decay.
    Get in your cars and drive away,
    Your blue-green world it turns to grey.

Drive around and round and round,
    Pretty blues bags at fuku all in a mound.
    Start your engines, let your horns in unison sound
    Police batons on heads won't pound.

Drive around, let's shut it down,
    Let the gears to a stop be forever ground.
    Drive around, shut it down,
    Your world is in the lost and found.

• Dick Shenary

Yet another turning point is being reached. Apparently the nuclear cabal(Govs. & Corps.) are beginning to realize that their public explanations and rhetoric of decades are no longer cutting it. Many people ARE waking up and asking hard questions (the herd is stirring). The shills instead of lying will use the truth and try to tweak it to their advantage. This will take jousting to a new level. Why is all this happening? BECAUSE WE AND OTHERS OF LIKE MIND REFUSE TO SHUT UP!

• nedlifromvermont

And GE really brings 'good' things to life like
      1. progeria
      2. Uner Tan syndrome
      3. Hypertrichosis
      4. Epidermodysplasia Verrruciformis
      5. Proteus syndrome

• Gabe Gabe

Yes, exactly!
      Recently I forwarded to my pal a video re. The twin towers. I had not seen it until recently. It explained the absolute impossibility of flimsy aluminum planes slicing through the thick steel walls of the towers etc.
      experts in materials metals etc were providing the information.
      I forwarded the video to all my contacts, including my pal who has retained a skeptical stance of sorts. Although he is a brilliant man, ex-military, ex-police ( he was one of the good ones and kicked ass of ANYONE he supervised who dared be abusive to citizens), now also in healthcare ……….he also had very high level clearance in military and is well versed in nuke stuff………….he watched the video and said…."shit! Why did I not think of that truth? I , like so many, simply trusted what I saw on film!"
      I reminded him that I have previously sent him articles regarding the sophisticated equipment that the military has which will project holographic images and sound that is indistinguishable from actual physical, blood and guts reality. I reminded him of the video I sent showing the concert given by a hologram of the very buff, black singer….can't recall his name right now.
      I do understand how people trust what they see, sometimes to the extent that they do not connect dots that lay in the deep recesses of their memory.
      I believe it is our job to toss out more dots, and string for connecting them.
      My pal put the video on his facebook page!!!!!!!! To…

• bo bo

The Hazmat magazine is an interesting peek into an industry..

I've been peeking into a few like this recently – these industry insiders-type magazines sometimes can make getting info on projects, locations, names of companies & people easier – like cutting into butter with a warm knife..

uranium industry:

nuclear decommissioning industry:
    ( I really love this magazine )

nuclear energy industry:

Nuclear Cafe – nuclear, general, from pronuke point of view:
    ( you gotta love the homepage here with the atomic latte swirl)

Flipping through these I realized something.. Pandora's Promise is a movie that came out of Sundance ( & it was chosen 'Audience Favorite 2013') . Again, I don't mean to pick on Robert Redford.. but..

• TimV

Reply to BD 9:10.
    Impiracall data is great. Sort of sounds like you have never been around anything you cannot quantify. Talk about a npp ready to go awol , your way ahead when that HAPPENS to you. I seriously hope you have caring family and friends. I'm from the 60's,peace.

• Nick

At this juncture, we all carry our own version of "what happened" immediately after the 3/11/11 ground upheaval in Japan. Just as in a court of law, folks dissect minutia to "prove" their point about this and that and whatever, to deflect from the harder issues of just what the fuck we all are doing building nuclear weapons and fighter jets, etc.

Ponder the fact that vast resources are devoted to arming and recycling weaponry that we DON'T want to use in the first place.

Yet, three awol reactor cores and parts of fools pools (typo intended) are OUT of CONTAINMENT bleeding their toxic brew for eternity into our precious biosphere.

I wish it were a fairy tale.

It is not.

This is as real as it gets.

All of us need to "get it."

Nothing less will matter.

• Nick

My story of Fukushima begins on the night of 3/10/11 when I asked my two sons if they had seen the movie The China Syndrome…they had not.

I discussed the movie and TMI and we watched a bunch of You Tube trailers etc.

Then 3/11/11

To this day I feel haunted. Hell, I didn't predict 3/11/11, I just knew beforehand that nuclear was serious shit and Chernobyl and TMI hadn't exactly given me reasons to trust the industry.

My sons will vouch this history…..even they admit that Dad is somehow prescient on a variety of issues, but with this Fukushima shit he sure wins hands down.

So, here we are. My wrath is pointless. It will not quench the unquenchable fires of Fukushima.

But I refuse to have idiots think we can go on our merry way.

• Homolumina Homolumina

You are connected Nick. A week before Fukushima happened some friends and I were feeling high levels of anxiety, dread and depression, unexplainable, it was so severe that we talked about it, wondering what was going on. Then, the night before it happened, suddenly a relief. I think that when you are awake you become more aware and express more of the collective unconscious…

• HoTaters HoTaters

That happens to my friends and I, too. The last time it was really bad was the day before the Banda Aceh earthquake in 2004. For some reason I didn't "get the vibe" ahead of time for the 3/11 EQ. My dear, close friend and I sometimes get these feelings, and we call each other to compare notes and to do reality check.

• Nick

I can't provide a weblink for the following (sorry to all you nit pickers)

But my sense is that 3/11/11 shook stuff up pretty bad inside what used to be one of the world's LARGEST nuclear generating plants. Undoubtedly, despite a successful core control rod maneuver, airlines that operate valves were compromised, as well as basic high pressure steam plumbing fittings.

Oops.

Can you imagine that moment in time when humans on site "got it?"

FUBAR

• HoTaters HoTaters

Hi NIck, did you read the story here from the U.S. workers who were on site at FDNPP when the earthquake struck? I think that story appeared here within a year of the 3/11 earthquake. The workers were pretty horrified. I think they described when the huge thud noise was heard inside Reactor 1 or 2. They knew they were in deep doo-doo.

The person who gave the interview said it was a nightmarish experience.

• bf9 bf9

Those were GE people that were there on site on 3/11 overseeing MOX related upgrades and a few other things. They booked it out of there as fast as possible to the nearest airport within minutes after the shaking stopped, and flew out of the country.

I'd be willing to say they were literally the first people out of the country or prefecture in terms of those who fleed. They INSTANTLY new it was over. I'd bet the situation would have been marginally better had they stayed…fucking COWARDS and BASTARDS. Much akin to the captain being the first off of a ship.

• curly

I saw a vision in the night,
    Fuku basement in blue green light.
    The sound of guns in Fergison,
    DNA strands all undone.

Then I saw the Golden Gate,
    The Brooklyn Bridge a similar fate.
    Too many cars in the lanes
    Too many bodies on comuter trains.

No protest signs could be found,
    Just endless cars drivin round and round.
    A new stategy had been hatched
    When WIPP barrels couldn't be patched.

Yes depleted uranium glows in Sadar City,
    That too few know is such a pity.
    But the cars they just wouldn't wait.
    They clogged the Brooklyn and Golden Gate.

Not a soul was to get through
    The cars had had enough Pu
    And the stench of dead whales that had been beached
    When the apocalyptic tipping point had been reached.

My vision continued through the night,
    Those cars kept comin without a fight
    From storm troopers with all their might
    Couldn't stop a strategy so air tight.

• Cooter Cooter

OT.

After the crisis at fuku the US gov. demanded that all nuclear reactors in the US be up graded because of faults in the plants.

As of today the NRC has not complied with these mandates and is actually fighting not to protect the citizens but is choosing to protect the nuclear industry.

And this recent letter by senators Boxer and Markey to the NRC.

All along for the past two years I have written to my senators and reps. about FUKU and the plants here in the US. Every time they tell me it's under control and that all the NPP's in the US are being beefed up and FUKU is in cold shut down. Not True!

Print out the letter by Boxer and Markey and send it to your state senators and reps. Ask in your letter for a reply, or they won't. For the cost of a stamp the rewards well be priceless.

• Gasser Gasser

Louis Armstrong revisited 2014
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I see dead trees not green…….. wilted red roses too

I see’em glown'….. for me and for you.

And I think to myself…. three corium meltdowns in this world.

I see skies no longer blue….. radioactive contrails of white

Blight forested days….dark scary looter nights.

And I think to myself …..we screw up this world.

The Cesium pink colors of a rainbow…..so dirty…in the sky

Showing fear on the faces…..of people … ready to die.

I see friends hands shaking…..saying’.. it happened to you too

They’re really saying’……TEPCO screwed… me and you.

I hear what looks like babies cry…… I watch them glow

They’ll never learn more…..than I’ll never know.

And I think to myself …..what a nucleated world

(instrumental break)

The colors of a rainbow…..no longer pretty ..in the sky

Seeing fear on the faces…..of people in ambulances…going by.

I see friends hands shaking…..saying’…you got Parkinson's too

They’re really sayin’…TEPCO radiated……..you.

I hear deformed babies cry…… I watch them glow

You know their never gonna learn

A whole less than I’ll never get to know

And I think to myself …..this was once a wonderful world

Yes I think to myself …….what a Nuclear polluted world.

~Gasser Classic~

• Take Action; 10 Things Anyone Can Do To Abolish All Nuclear Power Plants And WMD Weapons Globally

• Homolumina Homolumina

Dear all,

I can't stop crying snot and water today, my grief for the suffering and the destruction of pure innocence, beauty and truth is immeasurable at times. The signs are everywhere visible, if one knows what to look for. As always, a secret keeps itself secret for the non initiate… I wonder if forgiveness as an approach to the issue would open up a path of communication between the front lines. But I cannot see how to start this process.

The world is polarized – even in death, pro and antinuclear. Going back to the beginnings, this cycle of pro and contra should not ever have been started at all. When man split what is supposed to remain united, introducing to our biosphere deadly ionizing radiation, that was the act of turning time backwards, turning life backwards, and the clock is ticking faster and faster… That is what I see in a bigger picture. What to do with such a strong backwards flow ? Stop it ? Bend it ? Reverse it ? Transmute it ? Who are we ?

I was twice part of an international experimental group with Sandra Ingerman. We transmuted water that was poisoned with ammonium hydroxide to a ph of 12 back down to an 8 or 9. To sum it up: it needs community to be done, it needs the ability to drop out of one's "suit of personality" and literally "become" the water, then "love it back" into a harmonious, homeostatic state, from the inside.

I wish I could express how much you all mean to me, my heartfelt wishes for a heart at peace to all…

• radiophobia

Alert. Poem. Translation from a translation, but you will get the picture.

Maybe we Have Time … by Pablo Neruda

Maybe we still have time
    to be there and to be just.
    Yesterday truth died a most untimely death,
    and although everyone knows it, they all go on pretending.
    No one has sent it flowers, and no one weeps.

Maybe between grief and forgetting, a little before the burial,
    we will have the chance of our death and of our life,
    to go from street to street,
    from sea to sea, from port to port,
    from mountain to mountain,
    and, above all, from man to man,
    to find out if we killed it,
    or if other people did,
    if it was our enemies,
    or our love that comitted the crime,
    because now truth is dead and we should be just.

Before we had to battle with weapons of doubtfull caliber,
    and, wounding ourselves, we forgot,
    what we were fighting for.
    We never knew who's it was, the blood, that shrouded us,
    we made endless accusations, endlessly we were accused.
    They suffered, we suffered,
    and when they at last won, we also won,
    and truth was already dead, from violence, or old age.
    Now there is nothing to do.
    We all have lost the battle.

And so I think that maybe at last,
    we could be just,
    or we could simply be there.
    We have this final moment,
    and then eternity
    for not being there and not coming back.

• SadieDog

Japan's NRA wants another massive dump of tainted water from unit #1…

• Noah

TO all who contribute here:

We have here the most amazing group of commentators, past and present. To you I say thank you!

To the editor Of ENENEWS, thank you!

From Noah, Mrs. Noah and our family to you and yours
    MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy New Year!

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Speaking of slime..
    We were discussing slime ..weren't we.

Energy Secretary Moniz Announces Formation of Nuclear Energy Tribal Working Group

The average American citizen ..getting harder and harder to convince as to the safety of nuclear power?
    Uranium mining down ..and waiting for the First Peoples to come to 'negotiate' for work ..like ..in say ..spent fuel storage .. and/or decommissioning work?

Slime ..greasy comb-over slime..

• The poetry and thoughts here today are amazing. :) I have a couple links in case they've been missed. (recent petition activism requests in my e-mails today but not sure about dates since the alert list doesn't say for 2014. Maybe my computer or theirs is screwy. Oh well.)

I also just realized at the NIRS site, if they're suggesting you write your congress people, there is also a step (a window) where you find which newspapers are within so many miles of you to make sending letters to an editor quick and simple. Use their sample letter or re-phrase into your own.
    Cool!
    Here's the main page of alerts. I'll just link that one. There's a neat NO to Yucca Mt. petition and many others. http://www.nirs.org/alerts/index.htm

• ISeePinkClouds

Yes. SadieDog. I read that article. It sent me into a rant. I don't want to rant on your post, but I need to speak out, so I am down the page. I don't know where Japan got the idea that it would be alright with the rest of the world for Japan to destroy the oceans with their Nuclear Waste. I might think that the rest of the world tacitly agrees in that there is not a word of opposition. It is not acceptable to me for Japan to contaminate the Oceans of the world; Tanaka. The meltdowns and isotopes are YOURS. The oceans are not. Find another solution to your silly-assed "decontamination process" bull. I think the whole world should be angry at Tanaka for making such frightening statements. TEPCO has promised an ALPS unit to decontaminate that stored water. Why is there now talk of just dumping it? I think my patience is wearing thin. I would rather get mad and speak out, than to simply get dead for lack of it. Since the Japanese Government, and it's corporate rulers cannot manage this catastrophe, the rest of the world must; or else. I hear the clock ticking. Peace

• name999 name999

i see, the clock is ticking…

• OK posting in right place

Slammed a PV solar system today…..wicked hard, high, hot work. Feels awesome. Ready to sleep at 8PM.

aloha good peoples. Joust away, spread the word even far from this site

stock out/

• dunkilo

Merry Christmas to all :)
    I wish to thank each of you for the love shown here
    Thank you .

• Good Lord what a bunch of lies. just like the nuclear cartel, lies out of the gate.

Nuke is the farthest thing from green.

Nuke economically dies at 14 cents at Kewaunne (which the plant cost $200M) yet they pretend that Vogtle in georgia, which will cost at least $17,000 Million (17B) and sell to retail at 8 cents per KWH has a chance, what a freakin joke.

• Point blank….after the MOX nuclear explosion at unit 3. Who has the video of unit 4, which is obviously another nuclear explosion…prompt moderated criticality.

I want the unit 4 video, who has it, someone has it.

• Angela_R

This video is quite amazing, it is only 22 minutes long,it is very engrossing and as usual Helen pulls no punches

"ABOUT THIS VIDEO: Helen Caldicott, MD was among 45 leading scholars, authors and activists who convened at The Great Hall of Cooper Union, New York City, on October 25-26, 2014, for the public presentation: "Techno-Utopianism and the Fate of the Earth." Speakers discussed the profound impacts—environmental, economic and social—of runaway technological expansionism and cyber immersion; the tendency to see technology as the savior for all problems."

Helen covers many of our concerns, try to watch, it may help those unfamiliar with what is currently occurring in our world.

• unincredulous unincredulous

Thank you very much for this video link.

I had heard Helen speak of eating miso soup to help avoid radiation damage to the human body. I have had trouble with that, because the miso soup all seems to come from Japan. I had finally just decided to buy the miso from my local health food store. It is from Japan.

At 10:00 mark of video, Helen says do NOT eat miso, or anything else from Japan. Now that I have that dilemma solved I can still use the heavy bag of miso to throw at any troublesome animals that come my way. I wish I could find my reciept. If anyone has a geiger counter, please test the miso at your local health food store.

If anyone knows of another source besides Japan or Asia let me know. Seems unlikely I'll find it elsewhere. I think I saw a Korean source, but maybe they replicate it on the Enterprise, I'll hold out for that…

• Sol Man

Exponentially, perhaps.

Time will tell if the more correct term is factorially.

So, what if the problem is one that is greater than we can conceive?

This is entirely probable, as humans can see the accumulation of dollars as the be all and end all, while being made blind to the dangers/pitfalls of following any dollar accumulating project.

Another illustration-
    For instance, what could possibly be the problem if we (congress) give the banks carte blance to trillions of dollars of cds bailout moneys from the accounts of The People?

Congress sees no problem with this get the money from the future unborn. They are blind to everything not money scented. But, the population has had millions of homes illegally foreclosed putting people in the streets and very HUNGRY! The population of the U.S.:
    319,427,534 x .01%, money for their sins, from every other one here and unborn future.

FD!

• Dick Shenary

The US government knows how to waste taxpayer funds like nobodies business. What would you say to the notion that the US government is going to spend over a trillion dollars over the next three decades on hardware that absolutely cannot be used for any purpose.
    "The New York Times reported on Monday that the Obama administration is planning to spend more than $1 trillion over the next three decades to significantly upgrade its nuclear weapons capability. This will bring about a similar Russian response. After all no one wants to be caught with their pants down holding obsolete nuclear weapons. Endless spending on the tools of death and destruction. Meanwhile the world desperately needs to adopt clean and renewable sources of energy and the spending for this purpose is tiny in comparison to the nuclear budget. If you want to know what is in their hearts and minds, watch how they spend our money.

• melting mermaid melting mermaid

I'd call it MAD. But someone else already called that one. How bout just plain dumb.

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Do we actually have a government?

• Bill Duff

Not a legitimately constituted government, at the present time.

• Dick Shenary

BD – This sounds like you are drifting into Tea Party rhetoric again. "Not a legitimately constituted government, at the present time." As I recall for better or worse this country elected Barack Obama twice. What exactly is not legitimate about our recent elections? If you want to complain about illegitimately constituted government, try discussing George W. Bush and the Supreme Court's decision to make him the Decider in Chief. Should you choose to respond to this post, please avoid any birther nonsense as this type of thinking only weakens your nuclear positions as you lose credibility.

• earthsmith earthsmith

We have "legal" mafias that act in their personal best interests. Mostly behind closed doors<<<democracy?????hypocrisy?????joke?????
        Ya know…paper chasers

• Angela_R

"Obligation to negotiate nuclear disarmament
      Given the eminently difficult issues that arise in applying the law on the use of force and above all the law applicable in armed conflict to nuclear weapons, the Court considers that it needs to examine one further aspect of the question before it, seen in a broader context.

In the long run, international law, and with it the stability of the international order which it is intended to govern, are bound to suffer from the continuing difference of views with regard to the legal status of weapons as deadly as nuclear weapons. It is consequently important to put an end to this state of affairs: the long-promised complete nuclear disarmament appears to be the most appropriate means of achieving that result.

In these circumstances, the Court appreciates the full importance of the recognition by Article VI of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons of an obligation to negotiate in good faith a nuclear disarmament. The legal import of that obligation goes beyond that of a mere obligation of conduct; the obligation involved here is an obligation to achieve a precise result – nuclear disarmament in all its aspects – by adopting a particular course of conduct, namely, the pursuit of negotiations on the matter in good faith. This twofold obligation to pursue and to conclude negotiations formally concerns the 182 States parties to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons" http://www.un

• Dick Shenary

If you do the simple math, that is approximately 33 billion dollars a year spent on hardware that cannot be used. Imagine if we instead spent these funds on developing new solar and wind energy facilities. We would save so much money and avoid so many health and environmental problems that we might just have enough funds to dismantle all nukes and begin the long process of nuclear waste sequestration. I am dreaming of course.

• Dick Shenary

While millions cannot find employment that simply provides a living wage, while millions of children are hungry daily, while our health care system deteriorates into nothing but pushing pharmaceutical drugs, while nuclear contamination pushes cancer to unheard of levels according to the WHO, the US government is planning to spend 33 billion a year on more of the same insanity. THANK YOU SO MUCH MR. PRESIDENT FOR ALL THE CHANGE WE COULD MAKE BELEIVE IN.

• Dick Shenary

Government provided industry survival kits are becoming quite fashionable. Most certainly the nuclear power industry will need kits of their own. These nuclear survival kits must include: 1. Lead lined reusable solar blankets. I am not exactly sure what a solar blanket might be. 2. A 2,400 calorie non contaminated food bar (hint – nibble slowly on this food bar). 3. Fifty fluid ounces of contamination free drinking water. 4. A C100 or better dust mask. 5. A one size fits all lead lined poncho with hoodie. 6. A solar charged lantern with built in radio. 7. A first aid kit complete with detox agents. 8. A prepaid airline ticket to the South American city of your choice. 9. Cyanide pills for those few nuclear industry employees with an intact conscience.

• ISeePinkClouds

Yes. Newsers. Massive amounts of Radioisotopes are entering the Environment from the WIPP. It is many orders of magnitude above a level one could imagine. The Environment for hundreds of miles in all directions from WIPP is now heavily contaminated. I have it all well documented with Radiologic Surveys, and accompaning charts. I have had to travel three hundred miles east to escape the contamination. I wanted to mention this here, and now, in case something were to happen to me, so you all would know. I think my surveys have ended for now. I am very concerned over further exposure. My home 250 miles south of WIPP is too contaminated to return to. Truth. Peace

• Dick Shenary

ISPC – This is bad news for the many residents of Northern Mexico. Are the Mexicans taking this developing situation well? Is the government of Mexico not discussing this issue because of all the oil we buy from them? Nuclear contamination and government corruption walk hand in hand.

• ISeePinkClouds

Yes. Dick Shenary. The Mexican Government should be very concerned. It would be helpful if there were an International Dispute. The U.S. Government has this disaster all locked down tighter than a drum; so to speak. The truth needs to come out on a grand scale in order to protect lives. I sincerely hope the Mexican Government will get involved, but like you say, politians are corrupt. I could turn out that any leverage the Mexican Government could hold in sway, will be turned into pesos in their pockets; and nothing more. I cannot stress enough the magnitude of this disaster. It is light years beyond one burned and burst drum. WIPP holds 91,000 cubic meters of Radioactive Waste. It is all highly flammable. It even goes beyond the 5000 drums of Plutonium and Americium packed in a patented plastic explosive that is heating up and spontaneously detonating. I don't want to go down any rabbit holes at this time, but the situation bears watching closely. It is already a disaster tragic beyond words. Peace

• curly

Yes, it's very plain to see
    Deadly toxins kill the bee.
    Talk of torture in the news
    Death in Furgeson if you choose.

In this age of endless war
    Important is your credit score.
    "The precious" is a bottom line.
    Forget those starfish in decline.

In the streets a protester cries
    Wiping tear gas from his eyes
    "A little justice would be nice"
    American pie–give us a slice."

From uranium's daughters none can run
    Sleezyum is my favorite one
    I'm sure you've all met americum
    But may I please introduce californicum

So well we know it's all a mess
    But how can we get redress
    Everything tried with little sucksess
    Alas, a secret I must nigh confess

Achilles invincible 'cept for his heel
    T'was Goliath's fate one stone did seal
    But to see this modern monster downed
    The silver bullet has been found!

Right in your hand is held the key,
    Arrow and stone to set us free.
    Slide it in your ignition switch.
    Do the implication make you twitch?

Now poke your chariot into gear
    Rev your engine, dispell all fear
    Have success where all else failed
    When you're sold out and banks get bailed.

Into beasty arteries you need drive
    For coagulation you must strive.
    Stop the blood to its brain
    Watch now, she writhes in so much pain.

Now don't feel sorry for the beast
    A world's treasures she has fleeced
    And to mention not your health least.
    Justice found, now the beast deceased.

• Dick Shenary

Not that I am trying to compete with the Bill Duff show in terms of massive number of posts, but I would like to nominate curly as poet laureate of ENENEWS.COM.

• For what it is worth I am glad the Troll Version 5.0 has been exposed.

• Dick Shenary

Troll Version 5.0 uses nuclear insiders who essentially admit to great problems with nuclear technology while at the same time trying to downplay the serious nature of these issues. This is a very clever ploy. At least we can move past those idiotic concepts that nuclear power is clean, safe and cheap. I have grown weary discussing with fools the most expensive source of energy ever invented, not to mention the clean and safe distortions.

• SadieDog

"One of the survivors is a fine-looking horse named Miracle Quest, who emerges from the disaster with a grotesquely swollen penis caused by radioactivity. The film is largely the story of his recovery, although the price he pays is a heavy one. Close shots of the inflammation are a shock, and he can’t even be operated on until the swelling goes down. "

• athome athome

I read here very fein words on the beauty of this fragile world we are living on. when I say fragile, it represent bacterial life we are part of. As sid on this forum, radiation is a direct thread to life form. It is a stupid thing to believe that there are not other form of energy, anx because of nuclear and fossile one, we are gone pass aside other like resonance without even notice it.
    For the time being, I enjoy myself exploring radiodetection, 3D printing, solar energy in a way to motivate my kids for a maybee brighter future brought to us by investigating the unknown.
    To all of you, thanks for being.
    An NWO unformated subject.

• I commemorated the Curly poem at Nukepro, and threw in some gratuitous snorg tees chicks, with the

"Never trust an atom, they make up everything" lol

• Folks, this is real simple. Knowing what we KNOW about how much uranium was in the air, based on real data from EPA records, it is clear that 50 to 150 tons of uranium was aerosolized.

The ONLY way this could happen is it the explosive force came from INSIDE the vessels that the fuel was in. i.e. a hydrogen explosion alone would not have ejected the fuel, it would have compressed it into the vessel.

So if you ever get confused by the nuke lie who are desperately trying to make Fuku 3 NOT a nuclear type explosion….go back to the logic above, and the proof below

• Dick Shenary

stock – Arnie Gunderson made this point as well. A simple hydrogen explosion would have exerted downward pressure on the reactor and it's fuel. An internal nuclear explosion on the other hand would eject massive amounts of nuclear core material into the atmosphere. What does the evidence point to?

• Bill Duff

Both! A hydrogen explosion shoving the loosened fuel down into the corium. The fuel projectiles are driven into the liquid corium below, achieving a critical mass.

Somewhat similar dynamics to the Little Boy dropped on Hiroshima.

• Stock; if you have not backed up your blog, do so ASAP..

AGRP would have been totally erased except it was on the 'wrong' account.

Several anti nuclear blogs in Japan have been deleted on WordPress this month..

Be warned.. all your work may disappear in an instant, with no way to get it back.

• Also we know one of the towers at Fuku was reading 10Sv, which is huge and deadly. Metal cannot be "activated" by simple presence of radiation, it requires neutron bombardment, and that requires open air fission.

More proof — nuclear explosion

• And we also know that 5 people took lethal radiation doses the same day as the Fuku 3 nuclear explosion. Indeed, they got bombarded with neutrons from the explosion.

All the stars line up….Fuku was a nuclear explosion

MOX is very dangerous

MOX is the only hope the nuketards have of getting rid of their waste

These lying asshats will kill us all just to protect their "precious"

• SadieDog

On the anniversary of the Sandy Hoax… A new documentary exposes the criminals involved in this treasonous crime. All of whom I believe should be put on trial for false police reports, felony theft, lying under oath, and yes, treason… The parents, the actors, news reporters, police, local, state and federal officials, et al.

Reposted here because OT forum is still broken. This post was stuck between a nov. post and a dec. post on the Off Topic forum. Thanks.

• I updated the Kelly Ann letter on death of Pacific Ocean with videos from Dana and I-Leuren Moret

Check it out, and drop a comment, sign up as a member so I think someone is listening, lol

• rogerthat

On Yucca:

ttp://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2014/12/ap-claims-nevada-didnt-stop-the-feds-by-turning-off-water-theyre-wrong/

AP Claims Nevada Didn’t Stop the Feds By Turning off Water. They’re Wrong.

A recent Associated Press story on our efforts to shut down the NSA in Utah got a lot of things right, except for the most important part. The article infers that a similar effort in Nevada to shut down a federal nuclear waste dump failed.

Getting fair treatment in the mainstream media doesn’t happen often. When it does, we like to point it out. But facts are stubborn things, and when they’re wrong, we point that out, too.

The problem with the story is the following section at the very end.

The state of Nevada shut off water to the site of the proposed Yucca Mountain nuclear waste dump 90 miles northwest of Las Vegas in 2002, after months of threats.

The project didn’t run dry because the Energy Department built a 1-million gallon tank and a small well for the site. Department officials said the stored water, plus 400,000 gallons stored in other tanks at the Nevada Test Site, provided time for scientists to continue experiments and design work at the site.

This implies, therefore, that shutting off water for the NSA would be ineffective.

This is simply not true. OffNow.org reported back in August how the state of Nevada used its permit process to create roadblocks for the NSA project until the feds finally gave up.

It reads: …

- this is a great…

• Great video on why nuclear is dead

1) From a business perspective, it's over

2) Its been dead in the water since 3 miles island and Chernobyl

3) The claim is climate change, but nuke is only 6% of world power, and climate people say it would have to be 20% to have any substantial effect.

4) That would mean 1600 new plants, and replace 400 existing

5) That would be 3 new plants every month for 40 years to get to 20%, and by then climate change would have run its course

6) We have no way to deal with the waste

7) Recycling fuel, aka MOX leaves lots of plutonium around in an age of uncertainty and terrorism

8) Uranium is getting more scarce and 2025 to 2035 will see big shortages and thus high prices

9) We don't have the water. In France 40% of all the fresh water in the country is needed just to cool the reactors, and that water comes out hot which further exasperates ecological problems.

10) Plus the nuclear asshats have been lying through their teeth right out of the gate, its all based on lies to protect "their precious"

• I am at it again. I am in the process of creating a one page flyer denouncing nuclear that people can print out and leave everywhere. This info will focus on the ocean, as it seems more people care about dead whales than dead children. I was researching facts and found a link to an article trying to debunk the claim that ocean floor is littered with dead organisms. This is my response.

• Nick

12.14.14

Are there 12 days to that which shall not be mentioned?

Regardless, the season invites us all to actually "live" it 365, that is it's beauty (but don't tell the masses that).

Sustainability is NOT just a fad, nor a quaint means of being in the world…it is the ONLY way forward.

Build community. Not bombs.

When we learn that lesson, we'll have some semblance of lesser insanity.

• Bill Duff

The FDNPS Unit-3 explosion sequence was:

Overheating fuel bundles
    Melting begins for tops of fuel bundles (pellets & zircalloy)
    Ignition of upper (steamy & sloshy) portions of zircalloy (fire)
    Zircalloy burns like a sparkler even underwater.

Fuel continues to melt into corium
    Underwater Zircalloy robs oxygen from H2O, releasing H2 (hydrogen gas)
    Fuel continues to melt into corium and drop to bottom of reactor
    Ventilation system fails to clear hydrogen gas from Unit-3
    Hydrogen Gas deflagration(s) occur in building, containment & reactor
    Fuel Geometry no longer reactor configuration (Blobs of Corium)
    Hydrogen Gas Deflagration compression wave jams reactor fuel downward into corium
    Fission – Stray Criticality occurs inside Reactor.
    Ensuing Atomic Explosion