Published: December 16th, 2011 at 7:00 am ET

‘Absolutely no progress being made’ at Fukushima nuke plant, undercover reporter says, Mainichi, Dec. 16, 2011:

Conditions at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant are far worse than its operator or the government has admitted, according to freelance journalist Tomohiko Suzuki, who spent more than a month working undercover at the power station.

Mainichi goes over some of the revelations by Suzuki… however they fail to mention his statement on the fuel — or lack thereof — in the No. 3 spent fuel pool

• “Absolutely no progress is being made” towards the final resolution of the crisis, Suzuki told reporters
  • “(Nuclear) technology experts I’ve spoken to say that there are people living in areas where no one should be. It’s almost as though they’re living inside a nuclear plant”
  • Situation at the plant itself is no better, where he says much of the work is simply “for show”
  • “Completely different” from the “all-Japan” cooperative effort being presented by the government
  • “Working at Fukushima is equivalent to being given an order to die,” Suzuki quoted one nuclear-related company source as saying
  • Daily radiation screenings are “essentially an act,” with the detector passed too quickly over each worker, while “the line to the buzzer that is supposed to sound when there’s a problem has been cut”
  • Plastic piping [is] likely to freeze and crack in the winter
  • In sum, Suzuki says what he saw (and photographed with a pinhole camera hidden in his watch) proves the real work to overcome the Fukushima disaster “is just beginning”
  • “The Japanese media have turned away from this issue,” he laments, though the story is far from over
Published: December 16th, 2011 at 7:00 am ET

1. Official: Tepco has failed at Fukushima, no progress made — Tepco to change name, start new business — Tepco demands nuclear workers return payments, anger passed tipping point January 11, 2014
  2. Just 0.8% of children in 2001 Japanese control group had thyroid cysts or nodules — 36% in Fukushima study July 15, 2012
  3. Japanese Journalist: Nobody can stop this movement anymore — Even if police make controls, people will gather together — A revolution made by citizens June 24, 2012
  4. Posts mentioning ‘leukemia’ get deleted says Japanese man diagnosed with acute leukemia after 3/11 July 9, 2012
  5. Strange Japanese press conference calls for jailing of Tepco officials, guilty of criminal error — Says international media damaged ‘Japan Brand’ (1hr VIDEO) March 11, 2012

22 comments to Mainichi: Absolutely no progress being made at Fukushima plant says reporter — “Japanese media have turned away from this issue” — Story far from over

• ZombiePlanet ZombiePlanet

These statements cannot be true. Just a minutes ago I heard the “top of the hour” news on the radio and, it was stated that the power plant was in successful “cold” shut down.

Maybe I can move to a kinder – gentler zombie planet.

• jec jec

Wonder what will happen when highly contaminated people try to move to other areas–spreading contamination. Wonder how long before a “fence” is set up to keep contaminated away from “less contaminated.” IT will be like WWII Atomic Bomb victims being shunned..a million times worse..a Fukushima Concentration Camp (FCC). Japan considers their citizens “disposables”, or “liquidators,” without rights. It history.

• Ken31ONCA

I read a story about a farmer who wanted to stay and was alone in his town until he finally decided to go stay with some family and his family wouldn’t let him inside the door for fear of him being radioactive so he returned to one of the evacuated towns where he still stays looking after some stray dogs and some cows that the other townspeople abbandoned. Its hard to believe people would turn away family without even trying to decontaminate the guy

• arclight arclight

the video and thread links/comments will take you down the rabbit hole where you will find eugenics passports for 1 million people in sparsely populated kazahkstan!! the new science of genetics is at the forfront!! glad sting cancelled his concert!! this whole thread comes with shocking material!! even more shocking when you work out where this will lead us too! again!! the ultimate solution! for all polygon victims everywhere!

“In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.”

glad the natzis didnt have gentic science as good as we got it?? :(

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Dear Mr.Prime Minister of Japan,
    It’s seems that you are the one..the one to deliver the ultimate lie..and will now set doom upon your own people.
    Please go to your room and stand in the corner for the rest of your life..wipe your tears ..like the coward before you.
    Wipe your tears.. on the soft hair of your granchildren…..
    Then if inclined..do the correct thing…take your own life…you are taking up radiation filled airspace.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

@ Whoopie….you are loving …caring and forgiving…That’s why I like you…
    Me not so much……lol.
    We are fighting for the children of Japan..
    Fight’s on….

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

@ Whoopie…all people in the area need saving…but it affects the children..in ways…that it breaks my heart to describe..
    True leaders are to love their people… not just be official ghouls.

• aigeezer aigeezer

I’m relieved beyond words to know that (at least) one journalist has gone in to look first hand.

I realize that we’re just getting snippets from one man’s view from the inside, but – so far – I’m struck by the absence of morbidity/mortality stories from this source.

All I’ve seen so far is something like: he says that another worker says that working at Fuku is a death sentence. The author apparently doesn’t say something like “they’re dropping like flies in there”.

I have no idea what this means.

The drama continues with more questions than ever.

• Captain Quark Captain Quark

Always both ends of the scale, one side saying it’s perfectly fine and plutonium should be part of every American’s breakfast and the other more credible sources stating the obvious. Nuclear and hydrogen explosions=bad no matter how you try and spin it.

• Ken31ONCA

I believe somewhat in the power of the mind, and people being able to heal some injuries, and also being able to fight Some illnesses, I don’t know a lot about it but you got to stay positive, If everyone is down all the time and thinks about how bad things are then it may be easier to get sick or fight off illnesses or infections, I know a lot of it is mumbo jumbo, but there is some truth to it, not like the one idiot doctor said if you smile then it won’t hurt you, but if you do stay positive then you have a better chance to win.

• NoNukes NoNukes

Children who are not even conceived yet will have to suffer hideous consequences, it has nothing to do with staying positive or not, but the destruction radiation does to DNA.

• karaa karaa

is it perhaps possible that there IS an amelioration? I can not believe people lye so strongly, this lie would be discovered too quickly. they said cold shutdown, is there a slight tiny possiblity that it is true?

• harengus_acidophilus

This is no matter of believe. This is no matter of trust.
      It’s a matter of science and investigation.

To say: “I can not believe people lye so strongly”
      is the way these lies work.

Quoting Lewis Carroll (The Hunting of the Snark):
      “I have said it thrice: What I tell you three times is true.”

h.

• lokay5

“I can not believe people lye so strongly, this lie would be discovered too quickly.”

And it was! Right here on ENENEWS.

• Edward Edward

Many of us are learning that public officials easily lie without shame. Greed, money, careers and power prove to be more important than a clean, safe environment for future generations or even the current. I have lost faith in the greedy, bickering united states government. Washington D.C. is out of control… no checks and balances. Not working for the country/people, but instead lining their own pockets.