Published: February 12th, 2012 at 9:12 am ET

Title: Fukushima first the original: The No. 2 machine temperature, Prefecture contact please
Source: Mainichi
Date: Feb 12, 2012

Summary via Fukushima Diary

Though NISA suggested it was just broken heating gauge, Fukushima local government required Tepco to inform them of the temperature of the reactor every one hour.

They also requested Tepco to warn the potential risk caused by the increasing temperature promptly.

[...] In response to one of the thermometer at the bottom of Unit 2 nuclear power plant reactor pressure vessel 1 has exceeded the 80 degrees TEPCO Fukushima, Fukushima Prefecture 12 days, while Tokyo Electric Power Company, every hour the temperature of the thermometer and requested to contact the prefecture. [...]

Read the report here

Published: February 12th, 2012 at 9:12 am ET

1. Reactor No. 2 temperature shoots to 75°C — Tepco increasing water injections again — 5°C from warning level February 11, 2012
  2. News Agency: Helicopters fly over Fukushima to measure air for possible effects of reactor’s temperature increase February 6, 2012
  3. FNN: Temperature rising at Reactor No. 2 pressure vessel (VIDEO) — Fukushima worker more worried about No. 2 than No. 4 February 5, 2012
  4. 7°C temperature increase at Reactor No. 2 (VIDEO) February 11, 2012
  5. Again? Temperature up 20°C at Reactor No. 2 RPV in last 3 days — Other gauges at also rising (CHART) February 24, 2012

31 comments to Mainichi: Fukushima gov’t requests temperature updates every one hour — Wants prompt warning of potential risks from increase

• moonshellblue moonshellblue

Iodine 131 has been detected in 4 areas including Tokyo. Does anyone have the numbers? Thanks in advance.

• hbjon hbjon

You would think that by now almost a year into this they would have the pooper scooper ready to scoop.

• Sickputer

Three kinds of liars: liars; damn liars; and Tepco officials. They are going to reap what they sow, and they better start asking for world assistance because Japan is sliding into extinction protocol. No place to run, nowhere to hide.

This crisis should no longer be compared to Chernobyl. Fukushima Daiichi will change the globe for human existence as we currently know it. Its reach is global and devastating to all life forms on earth.

They call us fearmongers for informing the world citizens who are so ignorant that they have no fear. Yes, I will help people understand and share my fears as it is a heavy burden for such a small community of Enenewsers. Arise and tell a friend, tell one stranger everyday and for sure get emergency plans made with your extended family.

SP

The reason why the world lacks unity, and lies broken and in heaps, is, because man is disunited with himself.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• StillJill StillJill

Ralph was right and so are you SP.

Isolate people from one another,…you shut out communication, cooperation, collaboration,…..you get the sick drift!

• Sevv Sevv

I don’t see this world waking up from this insanity without an exploding Fukushima. If they would manage to fix this, then it’s just a matter of time until we get another disaster like this (USA has many prime choices…).

• BreadAndButter BreadAndButter

This is sickening. The IAEA is setting up a seismic warning system to alert operators of NPPs of earthquake and tsunami dangers as well as of other threats, such as “sabotage”.
    This also thought as help for “countries currently embarking nuclear power” (aka India).

I can imagine the alarm from the speakers: “Attention please, there’s a major tsunami coming your way, exceeding your plant’s design basis by 29 zillion percent.” NO WHAT?

Just another PR campain to hush the sheeple and sell a sense of security. Sell, yes, the system will be paid by IAEA memeber states (aka their taxpayers). Insanity taken to a whole new level again.

Look here for the full horror: “On firm ground” http://www.iaea.org/newscenter/news/2012/firmground.html

• bleep_hits_blades

Yes, Sickputer, I agree with what you say. This is a huge, world-changing event. It is ‘sick’ and it makes me ‘sick’. Literally and figuratively.

But – why tell people? It is really looking like all ‘the experts’ can do is ‘look busy’ and delay the inevitable there at Fukushima.

Some of the comments above, thank you all for them, quote ‘the experts’ as saying, pretty much, that they do not have any means to solve the problems or remediate or ‘fix’ things, there at Daiichi. They’re workin’ on it, and check back with them in a few years.

I am not sure what good it will do to alert people. I do tell them to stay out of the rain, and mention that leafy greens and animal products like dairy and seafood are the most contaminated. Most people are not going to give up animal products!

In general the response, underlying the polite response, seems to be to ‘shoot the messenger’. I’m just one person and what do I know and why should they believe me?

And again – what is to be done, practically speaking?

If I’m mistaken, please tell me, but all my information indicates that this outpouring of poisons has no end in sight.

Short of buying time by expatriating to South America, I don’t see what these people could do with this information. I don’t see what any governments or scientists or nuclear experts can do to stop the outpouring of nuclear death from those trashed reactors.

Someone please tell me if I am wrong.

Governments will lie, the nuclear experts will lie, the masses will deny.

Same old, same old.

Business as usual on Planet Earth.

Only difference is, this time the bullet was in the chamber.

• BreadAndButter BreadAndButter

Hi bleep, there’s still a lot all of us can do besides watching in horror and munching organic chips ;-)
      I see it this way: we failed after Chernobyl, we failed this time in Japan, and we can not afford to fail a third time while knowing the consequences.
      We who know what is going wrong are obliged to do the utmost to help, inform, prevent, fight. We owe it to the ones who suffer and die from this disaster.
      Have you ever thought about political work?

• StillJill StillJill

blades,….I don’t see how anyone can come to any other conclusion than the one you just gave. If you are wrong,…I am also.
    Neither your nor my ‘call’ on this matter, is negative, (although that is what we’re called), among other things, for me anyway. (I digress). My point has been that a power greater than ourselves is our only way past being killed by THIS, sooner or later.

• bleep_hits_blades

So the Fuk. government ‘wants info every hour.’ Wow. I’m impressed.

What are they going to do with this ‘information’ that they want so much?

The Japanese government had all the ‘information’ it needed, long ago, to tell them not go build all these reactors, especially right there on the water in an earthquake zone.

They have information that living in Fukushima is a death sentence fast track and what do the do with it? Some busy work ‘decontamination’ sweet contracts that are not going to clean up anything, awarded to special friends. More pork, folks!

Boy that sounds pretty good, like they are really concerned and on top of things and looking out for the public welfare – to want ‘information every hour.’

• bleep_hits_blades

Yeah, Jill, it’s shoot the messenger.

Like that great poster that Japanese artist created, which is my laptop wallpaper right now, and the artist gets criticized! It looks pretty simple, like a grade school kid could do it, but that is a very fine piece of art. And it is cryin’ time, boys and girls.

But the bulls**t artists will never stop their lies, right up to the bitter end. At this point, what else can they do?

• bleep_hits_blades

B&B –I’m laughing with tears in my eyes. (And actually this ol’ health food nut IS munching some chips with the morning tea… in keeping with the ‘why try, anyway’ revised plan.)

It’s ‘game over.’

And even if it weren’t, I wouldn’t want to go to work for organized crime, even if it hides behind the cloak of ‘government.’

‘Government’ is just shorthand for, ‘How can I divest thee of the profits of thy labor, while assisting the wealth-creation and global-empire-building endeavors of my corporate/banking puppet masters, let me count (and implement) the ways…’

I don’t mean to be nasty. I guess I sound pretty bad. It is just that I am older and I have been through all these phases… O, Congress is just mis-informed, I shall write ‘my’ (sic) representative a letter, etc. etc. etc.

• BreadAndButter BreadAndButter

@bleep, glad I made you laugh ;-)
      Political work could mean NGO / citizen group work – I’m doing that and it feels great to be around likeminded people….whatever – each their own…

• Will this information be passed on the the people living in Fukushima so as to have time to make an informed decision to evacuate if need be ?

• bleep_hits_blades

Yes, B&B,

You are right, that if more people were active it could have made a difference. Maybe it still can, who knows. And being around like-minded others is a good and positive thing, and helps keep one’s spirits up.

People are waking up, one can see that. Personally I think it’s too little,too late, but I could be wrong and hope I am.

I believe that we are in an ELE, but I could be wrong there, too.

There are so many problems, more, as the old saying has it, than you can shake a stick at.

If you go to infowars.com and rense.com you will see that the globalists are working hard to complete their take-over of the world’s wealth and centers of power. They have turned this country into a totalitarian fascist state. (It is scary.)

So, I am not hopeful, but I could be wrong and would never want to discourage anyone from making efforts, such as you are doing.

It was your suggestion that I ‘work for government/do govt work’ in an attempt to make things better that drew my fire (and ire, scorn, etc.)

• bleep_hits_blades

Yes B&B, to me politics means government. I mis-read or mis-remembered – sorry.

And you are right that if more people were active and informed it would make a big difference. Not sure how much time we have at this point.

I have grown discouraged because most people just won’t get interested and are easily manipulated by the elites. For a long time in my way I tried to make a difference, educated myself, talked to people. I met with a lot of rebuffs and found most people to be unreceptive.

However I do think our info has spread. More people are watching rense and infowars, and fewer are watching/reading the MSM.

Still it is not looking too good at present. But obviously I have not given up as I am eager to explain it to people and share what I have learned, like here at enenews.