Top nuke regulators tell White House of ‘grave concerns’ with NRC chairman, The Hill’s E2-Wire, Dec. 9, 2011:
Members of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission have told the White House that NRC Chairman Gregory Jaczko is causing “serious damage” to the agency that could harm the body’s ability to protect health and safety.
An Oct. 13 letter from Jaczko’s four NRC colleagues to White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley is a powerful, unified rebuke of the agency’s leader by his fellow commissioners, who cite “grave concerns” about his conduct and allege it’s increasingly “erratic.” [...]
Jaczko defended his leadership on the commission in a Dec. 7 letter to Daley released Friday by the NRC.
He acknowledged that there are often major policy disagreements on the commission, adding that he believes the commission “has taken an approach that is not as protective of public health and safety as I believe is necessary.” But he said he respects their right to disagree. [...]
Published: December 10th, 2011 at 8:26 am ET
- Leader of ‘coup’ at NRC worked as TEPCO consultant — Would most likely succeed Jaczko as chairman December 12, 2011
- “It is true — Everything Mr. Gundersen said was absolutely right — He performed quite a service”: NRC Chairman in 1990s (VIDEO) October 3, 2011
- Top US nuclear official raises the possibility of “widespread nuclear fallout” caused by spent fuel pool March 16, 2011
- Magazine Scandal: Serious abnormalities found in evacuees; Sapporo doctor shocked by quick onset of suspected thyroid cancers — Such rapid growth was impossible in children before 3/11, says report February 24, 2012
- Japan Nuke Agency: 14 reactors at 4 sites were affected on 3/11 — Fukushima Daiichi had most serious damage — Daini, Onagawa, and Tokai also March 7, 2012