West Australian, Feb 9, 2017 (emphasis added): ‘Massive’ blast at French nuclear power plant… Emergency services are on the scene…
Zee News (India), Feb 9, 2017: Eyewitnesses said that smoke billowed from the building as the explosion led to a massive fire.
The Sun, Feb 9, 2017: POWER PLANT BLAST Explosion rips through French EDF nuclear power plant… after a fire in one of the reactor engine rooms… Jacques Lepetit, Mayor of Les Pieux in Flamanville, said the smoke was now “under control” at the plant… “The release of smoke is controlled, the operations are under control,” he told 20 Minutes.
The Independent, Feb 9, 2017: Neil Hyatt, professor of radioactive waste management at the University of Sheffield, said the incident was “very serious”…
BBC, Feb 9, 2017: Flamanville reactor blast… Five people reported feeling unwell…
Evening Standard, Feb 9, 2017: Emergency services rushed to the power station… According to initial reports there were thought to be several injured and five people left “moderately intoxicated”.
Daily Star, Feb 9, 2017: Massive explosion at nuclear power plant near British coast leaves several injured; MULTIPLE people have been injured after a huge blast ripped through a nuclear power plant… Local reports are stating the explosion happened in the engine room and a number of people have been left feeling unwell. Firefighters and paramedics rushed to the scene but the extent of the damage and injuries remains unclear.
Yahoo 7 News, Feb 9, 2017: Explosion rocks nuclear power plant in France… Emergency crews have raced to the scene…
Sky News, Feb 9, 2017: Several people have suffered “intoxication” after an explosion at a French nuclear power plant… a cordon has been set up around the site as a precaution.
News.com.au, Feb 10, 2017: Flamanville plant in northern France has been hit by a massive explosion… Neil Hyatt, a professor of radioactive waste management at Sheffiled University said… “Any incident of this kind at a nuclear power plant is very serious”…
Daily Sabah, Feb 10, 2017: 3 nuclear reactor blasts within 10 days raises security concerns in France… the Flamanville blast is the third explosion in French nuclear power plants in the past week and a half… The previous explosion at Cattenom nuclear power plant occurred on February 1, French media outlets reported on Friday, while also noting that the three explosions had occurred within 10 days of one another.
Published: February 10th, 2017 at 3:50 pm ET
- AP: Steam blast at French nuclear plant — Kyodo: 2 employees burned, 6 others reportedly ill September 5, 2012
- Ex-Fukushima Worker: “This is the end!” I thought when seeing explosion at plant… “I knew how much fuel was there” — NHK: Reactor 3 blast “like being lifted up off floor” at home several miles away, I thought plane crashed outside (VIDEOS) November 12, 2013
- Nuclear Experts: One century before Japan tries to deal with Fukushima’s melted cores? — “More likely what’s left of reactors will be left in situ for 100 years or more” (VIDEO) August 15, 2013
- TV: Shocking number of cancers around leaking nuclear plant near NYC… Tens of thousands of cases recently reported… “More than anywhere else in US”… “Why is this story not being covered by everybody?” — Teacher: “I can’t believe the number of teachers who have gotten cancer” (VIDEOS) March 2, 2016
- Spike in number of US sailors dying after Fukushima radiation exposure — Now over 400 veterans suffering serious illnesses — Former Japan Prime Minister breaks down crying, “This can’t be ignored any longer… The number of sick people is increasing and their symptoms are worsening” (VIDEOS) June 8, 2016