Mayor: “We would end up dying, polluted to radiation all over” if we returned to Fukushima (VIDEO)
Title: The interview of Idogawa Mayor of Futaba Town after his resignation
Filmed by: OurPlanet-TV
Edited by: The Fukushima Collective Evacuation Trial Team
Translated by: World Network for Saving Children from Radiation
Date Published: Feb 7, 2013
Date Filmed: Jan. 24 2013
At 7:30 in
Katsutaka Idogawa, recently resigned as mayor of Futaba: I wrote the message with the concern that if we returned to Fukushima, believing everything would be alright, we would have no jobs but decontaminating operations.
We would end up dying, polluted to radiation all over.
Watch the interview here
- Mayor in Fukushima Town: “My hair fell off” one woman told me with tears in her eyes — I’m so sorry for them still (VIDEO) July 16, 2012
- Mayor: We’ve been swimming in radiation from Fukushima Daiichi BEFORE meltdowns (VIDEO) May 17, 2012
- Mayor: Debris fell from the sky after Unit 1 explosion — I thought it might be the end — Many people were still in town and everybody stopped talking for a moment (VIDEO) July 16, 2012
- Mayor: “Particles were falling on us from the sky… radioactive dust” after Fukushima Unit 1 exploded — I’m not sure if this is related but I have a cyst in my thyroid (VIDEO) January 4, 2013
- Mayor: I visited Fukushima last year and Unit 4 could collapse at any time — A certainty if another big quake strikes (VIDEO) January 4, 2013