Title: The interview of Idogawa Mayor of Futaba Town after his resignation
Filmed by: OurPlanet-TV
Edited by: The Fukushima Collective Evacuation Trial Team
Translated by: World Network for Saving Children from Radiation
Date Published: Feb 7, 2013
Date Filmed: Jan. 24 2013
At 7:30 in
Katsutaka Idogawa, recently resigned as mayor of Futaba: I wrote the message with the concern that if we returned to Fukushima, believing everything would be alright, we would have no jobs but decontaminating operations.
We would end up dying, polluted to radiation all over.
Published: February 7th, 2013 at 10:26 am ET
- Mayor in Fukushima Town: “My hair fell off” one woman told me with tears in her eyes — I’m so sorry for them still (VIDEO) July 16, 2012
- Mayor: Debris fell from the sky after Unit 1 explosion — I thought it might be the end — Many people were still in town and everybody stopped talking for a moment (VIDEO) July 16, 2012
- Former Mayor in Fukushima: Officials lied to everyone and hid the truth — It’s a violation of human rights to expose people to radiation like this, it’s terrible — Evacuees are forced to return, I’m really ashamed for my country (VIDEO) April 21, 2014
- Mayor: We’ve been swimming in radiation from Fukushima Daiichi BEFORE meltdowns (VIDEO) May 17, 2012
- NBC News: ‘Biblical devastation’ from Fukushima disaster, says former official — TV: “When I was mayor, I knew many people who died from heart attacks… many people in Fukushima died suddenly, even young people… Tepco employees also are dying, but everyone is keeping mum about it” (VIDEO) April 23, 2014