Former Mayor in Fukushima: Officials lied to everyone and hid the truth — It’s a violation of human rights to expose people to radiation like this, it’s terrible — Evacuees are forced to return, I’m really ashamed for my country (VIDEO)
Interview with Katsutaka Idogawa, former mayor of Futaba, Fukushima Prefecture, April 21, 2014:
At 8:00 in
- Katsutaka Idogawa, former mayor of Futaba, Fukushima Prefecture: I’d like to show you a table with radiation levels around Chernobyl. Radiation levels [for evacuation] around Fukushima are four times higher than in Chernobyl, […] Exposing people to the current levels of radiation in Fukushima is a violation of human rights. It’s terrible. […] In many cases, evacuees are forced to return.
At 21:30 in
- Idogawa: I’m really ashamed for my country, but I have to speak the truth for the sake of keeping our planet clean in the future. […] The same thing happened with Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The authorities lied to everyone. They said it was safe. They hid the truth. That’s the situation we are living in.
Watch the interview here
- Former Official: Fukushima radiation is killing children… heart problems, leukemia, thyroid — Terrible things are going on — Authorities hiding truth from world — We need to admit many people are dying, but we’re not allowed to say that (VIDEO) April 21, 2014
- “Will the media report this?” Evacuees will never be able to return — Radiation can’t be cleaned up — Gov’t going to have to build giant diaper under Fukushima plant January 8, 2012
- NBC News: ‘Biblical devastation’ from Fukushima disaster, says former official — TV: “When I was mayor, I knew many people who died from heart attacks… many people in Fukushima died suddenly, even young people… Tepco employees also are dying, but everyone is keeping mum about it” (VIDEO) April 23, 2014
- Japan TV: ‘Endless fight’ against radiation — Levels in home at 7,500% gov’t limit — ‘Shocking’ 62,700 Bq/kg of cesium in mushrooms… “They just stared at the numbers” — Retired Official: “This will taste great fried…When decontamination finished it will be safe for people to return” (VIDEO) May 5, 2014
- TV: “Many young people in Fukushima who are in high school have died suddenly”; Officials “ignore all the problems” — Former Mayor: People are always told “any disease they have is not caused by radiation” (VIDEO) January 17, 2014