At 8:00 in
- Katsutaka Idogawa, former mayor of Futaba, Fukushima Prefecture: I’d like to show you a table with radiation levels around Chernobyl. Radiation levels [for evacuation] around Fukushima are four times higher than in Chernobyl, […] Exposing people to the current levels of radiation in Fukushima is a violation of human rights. It’s terrible. […] In many cases, evacuees are forced to return.
At 21:30 in
- Idogawa: I’m really ashamed for my country, but I have to speak the truth for the sake of keeping our planet clean in the future. […] The same thing happened with Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The authorities lied to everyone. They said it was safe. They hid the truth. That’s the situation we are living in.
Published: April 21st, 2014 at 4:47 pm ET
- Former Official: Fukushima radiation is killing children… heart problems, leukemia, thyroid — Terrible things are going on — Authorities hiding truth from world — We need to admit many people are dying, but we’re not allowed to say that (VIDEO) April 21, 2014
- NBC News: ‘Biblical devastation’ from Fukushima disaster, says former official — TV: “When I was mayor, I knew many people who died from heart attacks… many people in Fukushima died suddenly, even young people… Tepco employees also are dying, but everyone is keeping mum about it” (VIDEO) April 23, 2014
- TV: Official in Fukushima during 3/11 now suffering many health problems as consequence of nuclear catastrophe — “There’s no place I could go for help… hospital refused to treat me” — I asked for blood test since I’m exposed, but they denied it (VIDEO) April 25, 2014
- “Will the media report this?” Evacuees will never be able to return — Radiation can’t be cleaned up — Gov’t going to have to build giant diaper under Fukushima plant January 8, 2012
- Fukushima Farmer: Nuclear is the most terrible thing, people don’t realize how horrible and scary it is — Sending this to future generations is unbelievable — “I don’t want to be their guinea pig” — Mayor evacuated his own kids while trying to get families to stay, this is a significant crime (AUDIO) March 4, 2014