Published: July 16th, 2012 at 1:03 am ET

Futaba Mayor’s testimony of Fukushima Daiichi at the Diet
Published on Jul 15, 2012
Published by Ato Munch

Mr. Idogawa, Mayor of Futaba Town where Fukushima Daiichi located testified about the day of Unit 1′s explosion. Japanese government did not announce SPEEDI data, so Futaba’s citizens evacuated to northwest where radiation drifted. Many citizens of Futaba were exposed to radiation including children. Senator Masako Mori severely questioned to Prime Minister Noda about Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant’s accident.

At 6:45 in

Katsutaka Idogawa, Mayor of Futaba Town: Some say its safer than Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but I’ve never agreed with them.

We didn’t have to be exposed but we were. How can people without exposure understand us?

I felt so on March 12.

After most citizens evacuated, I evacuated, too.

I didn’t know still some people remained in the town.

One of them told me “My hair fell off” with tears in her eyes.

I’m so sorry for them still.

Published: July 16th, 2012 at 1:03 am ET

1. Mayor: Debris fell from the sky after Unit 1 explosion — I thought it might be the end — Many people were still in town and everybody stopped talking for a moment (VIDEO) July 16, 2012
  2. Official’s Testimony: “Our town citizens reported they tried to have exposure tests at several hospitals but they are all stopped by Fukushima Medical University” (VIDEO) May 6, 2012
  3. Mayor: “I’m losing my hair and have nosebleed everyday… I asked for blood test at a hospital in Tokyo because I’m exposed, but they refused it” (VIDEO) May 6, 2012
  4. TV: “Many young people in Fukushima who are in high school have died suddenly”; Officials “ignore all the problems” — Former Mayor: People are always told “any disease they have is not caused by radiation” (VIDEO) January 17, 2014
  5. Fukushima Volunteer: “Their hair started falling out, they were almost bald, they told me they were wearing wigs” — More women at doctors’ offices missing hair December 30, 2012

11 comments to Mayor in Fukushima Town: “My hair fell off” one woman told me with tears in her eyes — I’m so sorry for them still (VIDEO)

• Sickputer

To hear the main stream media report it, everybody was safely evacuated through the diligent and caring compassion of the Diet and Tepco.

In actuality the nuclear bureaucrats betrayed their own people and left them to die. And for what reason? Because they didn't want to admit things were so bad. Bad news near Fukushima was suppressed for the protection of the nuclear industry. Some day there will be a reckoning for those genocidal officials.

Madness in Japan…

• kintaman kintaman

What a great country where the government cares more about their precious people than money or nuclear power plants. Oh, I appear to be wrong. These disgusting people in power should ALL, I repeat ALL, be put to work at Fukushima Daiichi to clean up forever.

Why should innocent people be doing this work while they are eating clean food from far away and living in luxury? Someone please tell me this? Can we please, please put their feet to the fire as they so rightly deserve.

• sadtexan

Surprised this is the first time I've seen the Vault Boy here. With that avatar, you should know good and well that those with means will always take care of themselves first and leave everyone else with the scraps.

• TheBigPicture TheBigPicture

It's impossible to stop meltdowns, or to know where the winds are blowing radiation. And why we must move on from this failed technology.

• MaidenHeaven MaidenHeaven

Annual exposure limit in 8 hours. 250 children still there. NO medical testing & no Thyroid checks on children that have received extremely high radiation dosage.

There is NO excuse.

• flatsville

Note this–

>>>Japanese government did not announce SPEEDI data, so Futaba’s citizens evacuated to northwest where radiation drifted.<<<

A very similar event happened with TMI. Pregnant women and small children were evacuated into the drift of the fallout…and belatedly evacuated at that.

If you live within 100 mi. of a NPP bookmark local wind direction links and plot evacuation routes in various directions. Be aware of seasonal wind and weather patterns. [Recently, my area had a major thunderstorms blown in from the east...unusual, but not unheard of.]

Be advised that based on everything we've read recently, evacuation orders from a NPP catastrophe may never come from your government to minimize panic.

You are on your own.

Keep a detailed regional atlas and bug out bag in your car…and a bug out bag for each member of the family if you have to leave from home.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

..Ah..the vanity of woman.
    So many in the area have been exposed to high doses of radiation.
    Yet at the moment..deep inside..I'm shreiking.."Not my hair..oh, God… not my hair!".
    Tears flow.

• Jeffromoki

i don't think that's what she meant.

try this out – my hair was first to leave. My life is next?

I believe a lot of them know what's soon to happen.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

@JeffroMoki..Yes.. of course.. that is what she meant.
    I was having a moment..in "woman space".