MHLW ignores the medical statistics of Fukushima and a part of Miyagi, Fukushima Diary by Mochizuki, December 1, 2011:
Since a few weeks ago, this “harmful rumor” has been spreading on the internet
- Date: Nov. 21
- Survey of medical association of each local government
- April through October
- Leukemia cases have increased 7 times since last year
- Chairman of medical association said that the connection between unusual increase of leukemia and Fukushima is not clear
- 60% of the total leukemia cases are acute leukemia (highest ratio since 1978, when they started taking this survey)
- 80% of the patients are from Northern Japan and the Kanto area
- Fukushima has highest rate, then Ibaraki, Tochigi, Tokyo
To clear up this “confusion”, a Japanese citizen asked Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare for the truth, to which they replied that they take all patients statistics but that this year they eliminated the data from Fukushima and a part of Miyagi from the whole statistics report.
They say it is to support the reconstruction of Fukushima and Miyagi, but we all know that in reality abandoning the survey only makes the situation worse.
On 3/11, earthquake and Tsunami hit Miyagi and Iwate for most of the part while Fukushima suffers from radiation mostly.
If they really wanted to try to “help reconstruction efforts” (sic), they should eliminate the data of those three prefectures, with Iwate and Miyagi given a higher priority.
The Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare does not give any more specific reasons why.
- Source: http://www.e-stat.go.jp/SG1/estat/informationView.do?bcd=1
- See .pdf here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/74379804/2r9852000001rur6
A Wrestler in Fukushima got acute myelocytic leukemia, Fukushima Diary by Mochizuki, December 1, 2011:
- Won silver medal at Asian wrestling league in Koshu last year
- 30 years old
- From Gunma
- Belongs to a company in Iwaki Fukushima (Source) where he used to train.
- Felt ill in early September
- Diagnosed with acute myelocytic leukemia during a medical test on 9/10/2011
Japan Wrestling Association on August 1, last year’s Asian Games silver medalist in the men’s 74 kg class free , Kazuyuki Nagashima (30 = Cleanup) suffered from acute myeloid leukemia, was announced in Tokyo that it is battling. 21-23 day national championships will be missed this month. Players complained of ill-health as the beginning of September, was diagnosed with leukemia at 10 days were examined in the same hospital. According to Mr. Masahiko twin brother, “cause unknown” it. Mr. Masahiko become a donor if the treatment goes smoothly, a bone marrow transplant in early next year. Nagashima official site of the association “will always return, please watch warm” is commented.
According to the association noted that because of high cost medical expenses, trying to raise donations support. Payees are四倉Toho Bank, Ltd. 309 219 Branch savings account , Kazuyuki Nagashima, H. Imamura player representative office grants
[At 19:34 on December 1st 2011]
Published: December 1st, 2011 at 11:45 am ET